• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eVGA NF4-SLI backplates

Ryland

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
2,504
I am supposed to be doing a build tomorrow using the 7800Gt and free motherboard deal from newegg with a Thermalright XP-90 HSF and just found out that the backplate on the motherboard is incompatible with the XP-90.

A) Does anybody know if the backplate that came with my Asus A8V Deluxe will fit (I swapped it off when I installed my Zalman cooler).

B) A store that sells them in the Southern Rhode Island area.

Help!!! :)
 
Yea the a8v backplate will fit. you will need to cut a notch in the backplate for that capacitor that sticks out though.
 
Zalman also includes a compatible backplate in their 7000-series coolers. Two holes notched out with a cardboard layer on top. Works perfect.

I also got this m/b in the GT deal, and I seem to like it just fine. Can't beat the price. :p

OT: Southern RI? You near Quahog? :cool:
 
mastercheeze said:
Zalman also includes a compatible backplate in their 7000-series coolers. Two holes notched out with a cardboard layer on top. Works perfect.

I also got this m/b in the GT deal, and I seem to like it just fine. Can't beat the price. :p

OT: Southern RI? You near Quahog? :cool:

Quahog is a type of clam. Are you talking about the town starting with Q from X-Files? I am about 15 minutes from there.

Someone on anand suggested getting screws that are slightly longer than those supplied with the XP-90 and then using a washer/nut combo to hold the RM in place. I think Im going to try that.
 
Volkum said:
Deja vu? http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=970223
That's off my top rig in my sig. I ended up grabbing a K8 backplate we were tossing at work (1U passive HS had its own so I grabbed the one from the mobo box) a few days after I made that thread.

I do have a spare K8 backplate from my Asus A8v Deluxe but I think I will try bolting it together like you did in your thread. I didn't think of electrical tape and am going to add it to my kit.

I was thinking about using a small length of air hose to help take up some of the extra spacing in the backplate so that the screw doesn't have as much play.
 
Back
Top