EVGA improves warranty...

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
I apologize if this is a repost, but I saw this and decided to post it up here since their cards are fairly popular. EVGA is usually good about standing behind their products, but the non-transferrable warranty is annoying. Seems like they listened to the complaints:

Introducing the New and Improved EVGA Global Warranty

EVGA stands firmly behind its entire product line. Products purchased on or after July 1st, 2011* will have a minimum of a 3 year warranty, registration is optional. The warranty will no longer be non-transferable, and new bonuses will be available for those that do register within 30 days of purchase!

Product warranty covers the product, not the user.
Registration is no longer required for RMAs.
Step-Up and Extended Warranty will be available for all original owners registered with the new global RMA system within 30 days of purchase.
If you move, you can send your product back to your local warranty center no matter what region you purchased it in.
A new Standard Cross-Shipping RMA service is free**.
* Recertified and 1 Year Warranty products are not included.

** A credit card will be required for this service to hold in place until EVGA gets the defective card back.

Stay tuned for more details coming April 2nd, 2012!!!

Extremely good news about the cross-ship RMA service now being standard. I LOVE EVGA but I have always hated the fact that they wanted you to pay a $30 fee within 30 days of registering the card to even be eligible for cross shipping. It's SO good to see that finally put to rest.

Hmmm...the last eVGA GeForce card I bought was a GTX 480 back in October 2010. So my question here is in terms of new warranty how does my card fit into the new plan? I ask because in the blurb I read here it didn't mention anything about this: where does that put me and my GTX 480? Does it mean my GTX 480 is "grandfathered" into the original lifetime warranty? That is all. Out!

Hmmm...the last eVGA GeForce card I bought was a GTX 480 back in October 2010. So my question here is in terms of new warranty how does my card fit into the new plan? I ask because in the blurb I read here it didn't mention anything about this: where does that put me and my GTX 480? Does it mean my GTX 480 is "grandfathered" into the original lifetime warranty? That is all. Out!

As your purchase happened before July 1st 2011, your warranty is unaffected.

I wonder what would happen if I found the receipt for my launch purchased 8800GTX. :confused:

hmmm... ive been sitting on a dead evga 8800gtx for awhile. Suppose it about time i send it in for an rma lol.

I wonder what would happen if I found the receipt for my launch purchased 8800GTX. :confused:

you could ask them...they MIGHT help you out and let you RMA...but I highly doubt you'll get the benefits of the new warranty plan...its for purchases after July 1st 2011

I'll buy EVGA over ASUS now because of the new warranty terms. That was the only reason most if us bought ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte cards in the first place.
Hardware Warranty > User Warranty for those of us who buy and sell in the forums.

I'll buy EVGA over ASUS now because of the new warranty terms. That was the only reason most if us bought ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte cards in the first place.
Hardware Warranty > User Warranty for those of us who buy and sell in the forums.

yep, even without the automatic lifetime warranty, this is what i was waiting to see again and why i purchased only bfg for years and then moved to asus, two nightmares with evga's old system drove me away.

I'll be back now though :D

Haha. A far cry from the lifetime warranty they used to provide. But better warranty is never a problem IMHO.

Sweet, I just bought a evga classified gtx 560ti 448 core last week, perfect timing!

Seems they dumped the Lifetime Warranty. I can't imagine spending as much as I do on video cards and no longer receiving a lifetime warranty. If I was into buying and selling hardware often, then this would be great, but i buy it and use it until it is no longer usable :(

I'd kill for the new EVGA warranty on a GTX 680. Also the idea of being able to buy extra time on the warranty, especially for something as powerful as the 680 is kind of genius, and also it keeps the warranty even if you don't register it. Even if it may not be lifetime anymore, it's still really good.

Seems they dumped the Lifetime Warranty. I can't imagine spending as much as I do on video cards and no longer receiving a lifetime warranty. If I was into buying and selling hardware often, then this would be great, but i buy it and use it until it is no longer usable :(

I'm thinking they changed the terms as a cover for ditching the lifetime warranty (if they did in fact ditch it). Personally, I value the transferability more than the lifetime anyway, but I also noticed that the Step-up program is only available for lifetime warranty products - so what happens if they do away with lifetime warranties? You have to buy an extended warranty to get Step-up? Seems like a money grab.

I'm thinking they changed the terms as a cover for ditching the lifetime warranty (if they did in fact ditch it). Personally, I value the transferability more than the lifetime anyway, but I also noticed that the Step-up program is only available for lifetime warranty products - so what happens if they do away with lifetime warranties? You have to buy an extended warranty to get Step-up? Seems like a money grab.

I believe they said you needed to register your product within 30 days to get the stepup now. There was something else too but I forgot what it was.

edit: might have been cross-shipping dunno.

Last edited:
So can I get a refund on the money I paid to evga for the standard RMA?

Does this mean that i can claim warranty if i lost my receipt? Or do i still need to provide a copy of the invoice. I bought gtx 570 last July and lost my receipt and forgot to registered too.

I'd kill for the new EVGA warranty on a GTX 680. Also the idea of being able to buy extra time on the warranty, especially for something as powerful as the 680 is kind of genius, and also it keeps the warranty even if you don't register it. Even if it may not be lifetime anymore, it's still really good.

Do I get to decide who you kill?

From Jacob F. EVGA Product Manager, "Because of demand this card will carry the new transferable warranty: http://www.evga.com/articles/00671/ "

Enjoy! :)

Does this mean that i can claim warranty if i lost my receipt? Or do i still need to provide a copy of the invoice. I bought gtx 570 last July and lost my receipt and forgot to registered too.

If it is transferrable than you shouldn't need to provide the invoice, but I don't think they've released the details yet.

It sals that Step-up and Extended warranty will "be available" to original purchasers who register, but it doesn't say it'll be free.

Haha. A far cry from the lifetime warranty they used to provide. But better warranty is never a problem IMHO.

The good ole days. :) Maybe evga had the lifetime warranty to build up their brand name? I was around for that period in the mid 2000s but I'm not really sure when evga's rise to prominence started. Perhaps the lifetime warranty was also in direct competition to BFG's and XFX's. Good times. :D

The good ole days. :) Maybe evga had the lifetime warranty to build up their brand name? I was around for that period in the mid 2000s but I'm not really sure when evga's rise to prominence started. Perhaps the lifetime warranty was also in direct competition to BFG's and XFX's. Good times. :D

Lose the lifetime warranty but give much better perks. Good deal.

I am considering going back to EVGA from MSI on my GTX 680 because of this... waiting for non-ref designs first. Love the Twin Frozr though...

Back