evga gtx295 problem

topdog5050

Gawd
It will install on xp perfect but when you try to install it on vista or 7
it will install the drivers and ajust the res correctly then reboot normal.

Upon rebooting back in to windows it will hang after the logo appears.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I had something similar with two eVGA 295 cards. Everything installed properly under Vista, but my system would get stuck at start up or during a game, video, or e-mail. After about a day, the card just failed. RMA'd it and the second 295 did the same thing. I spent a few days troubleshooting with eVGA via e-mail, but nothing worked. I had them send me a third 295, but this time I sold it. I'm not a big fan of eVGA anymore. Three of my last four cards from them were duds. I've been using a pair of XFX GTX 285 cards in SLI and couldn't be happier. They leave the 295 in the dust.

I had something similar with two eVGA 295 cards. Everything installed properly under Vista, but my system would get stuck at start up or during a game, video, or e-mail. After about a day, the card just failed. RMA'd it and the second 295 did the same thing. I spent a few days troubleshooting with eVGA via e-mail, but nothing worked. I had them send me a third 295, but this time I sold it. I'm not a big fan of eVGA anymore. Three of my last four cards from them were duds. I've been using a pair of XFX GTX 285 cards in SLI and couldn't be happier. They leave the 295 in the dust.

I know my 8800 640 my 800gt and now my 295 has all bitten the dust. But evga did replaced my first 2 and they have worked flawless ever since.

I will rma it and sell it also, as im getting out of computer gaming anyway.

Think 350 sounds fair to me.What you think?

I know my 8800 640 my 800gt and now my 295 has all bitten the dust. But evga did replaced my first 2 and they have worked flawless ever since.

I will rma it and sell it also, as im getting out of computer gaming anyway.

Think 350 sounds fair to me.What you think?
Think higher. In July, I eBayed my 3rd 295 for $495. eBay buyers aren't nearly as up to date on components as our fellow brethren on [H]. :D

Does Vista or 7 draw more power from the power supply?

I can't say for sure, but my ps is 950 watts and all rails and volts are in spec.
I also tried it out on another pc and it did the same as well.

How are you so sure they "leave the 295 in the dust" if the 295s came dead?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I think Quad Video card set ups just bring more issues to the table.

Back