EVGA GTX 570 HD DS running hot/noise

Your card is a blower-type, with a limited exhaust (I looked at these a while back). Either it has a heat transfer issue likely due to a mounting problem, or it's not getting enough air; either way, try making sure that you have more air being pushed into the case than being pulled out, which will give the blower a chance.

Your card is a blower-type, with a limited exhaust (I looked at these a while back). Either it has a heat transfer issue likely due to a mounting problem, or it's not getting enough air; either way, try making sure that you have more air being pushed into the case than being pulled out, which will give the blower a chance.
The DS is a blower fan?

As far as I know, that card has been known to be louder (than stock cooling) since it came out. There was a thread about it right away (the "HD" model).

As far as I know, that card has been known to be louder (than stock cooling) since it came out. There was a thread about it right away (the "HD" model).

I had a GTX570SC and was eying the HD model as a second card for SLi- until I saw the piss-poor cooler. The stock Nvidia coolers rock (beat the hell out of AMD's usually, and get the hot air out of the case unlike every single aftermarket recirculator), and the HD remake EVGA did failed to live up to the original.

Still, if it's overheating, either a mounting issue has developed or somehow it's now not getting enough fresh air. Either will be helped by getting it more air!

Back