EVGA GTX 295 backplate raised temps? WTF

sanitarium16

Limp Gawd
I installed the backplate on my EVGA GTX 295 and now my card idles at 60C and runs at 81C under load. It was idling at 48C and topping out at about the same temp. WTF!??!

I'd say you probably didn't tighten the HSF back down enough, or you're not getting enough airflow across the backplate.

I kind of refuse to believe that a backplate is going to lower your temperatures, though.

Number of eVGA forum members have had similar heat issues with the backplate and others have seen it lowered. Guess its the luck of the draw and what case cooling you have. Looks nice, but for me I did not want to take the chance of more heat...Good luck

I have the antec 1200 case with a 120mm fan blowing right on the card, i guess ill try reseating the backplate

I have mostly heard a drop of about 20 degrees with the backplate. It seams to work well for the people I know with it.

I reseated the backplate and temps are still the same. Its not freezing or crashing so for now im going to leave it.

I reseated the backplate and temps are still the same. Its not freezing or crashing so for now im going to leave it.
Does it freeze or crash without the backplate?

I'm kinda starting to think the backplate is just a marketing thing. Sure it lowers temps but you can lower your CPU temps, that doesn't mean it's going to last longer. Why would they ship a cooling solution (the stock cooler) that is not capable of doing the job.

You Nvidia people and your backplates, it's so funny.
Lowering temps? But sometimes raising temps?
Fixing your CoH?

Come on, it's all in your head.

I have mostly heard a drop of about 20 degrees with the backplate. It seams to work well for the people I know with it.

That is defintely not the norm. I think there have been just a few people claiming that, but the majority is much, much less.

Back