EVGA GTX 285 SC 379.99$CAN AR + Shipping

Mwave just had one for $279 OTD, $259 after MIR. This is luke warm at best.

GTX 280 is so last year...;)
I agree that the GTX 280 may be a better bang for the buck deal but the GTX 285 is less noisy, uses less power and is ~10% faster.
I also got free shipping using the 500 NCIX rewards promotion.:cool:

GTX 280 is so last year...;)
I agree that the GTX 280 may be a better bang for the buck deal but the GTX 285 is less noisy, uses less power and is ~10% faster.
I also got free shipping using the 500 NCIX rewards promotion.:cool:
10% on stock clocks, 20% if you can overclock it close to EVGA FTW speeds.

NOT the same card as the 280 :rolleyes:, and who cares what mwave did [on a different product in fact], a deal is still a deal.

20% if you can overclock it close to EVGA FTW speeds.

This is not fair since the GTX 280 can also be overclocked and there is no certainty about overclocking (reaching FTW speeds is not guaranteed)

I believe that this is still a luke warm deal. Newegg has it for $340 AR w/ free shipping. I would say in a couple weeks prices may drop a little or there maybe better deals. I will pass for now.

Shipping on this deal kills it.

This is not fair since the GTX 280 can also be overclocked and there is no certainty about overclocking (reaching FTW speeds is not guaranteed)
Yeah that's true, though a lucky 280s memory cant go as high as a lucky 285s. Regardless, I think the USA version for $303 is a fantastic deal. Unless all of you were saying the Canadian deal sucked?

$1X shipping for this will put it near Newegg pricing. So yea... for now I'll just have to suffer with 4850CF.

[H]adouken;1033692260 said:
10% on stock clocks, 20% if you can overclock it close to EVGA FTW speeds.

NOT the same card as the 280 :rolleyes:, and who cares what mwave did [on a different product in fact], a deal is still a deal.

I watercool so I'm sure I would be able to hit high clocks with a GTX 280, my GTX 260 is at 756core now and rock stable for months. But there is no 10% @ stock clocks, thats BS.

Look here:

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYxMiw5LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

"Once again, there is absolutely no difference between the GTX 285 and GTX 280 clock for clock."

First all, we must stress that is the only reason why the GeForce GTX 285 would provide any difference in games; pure clock speed differences. As we found out in our clock-to-clock apples-to-apples testing there is absolutely no difference between the GTX 285 and the GTX 280 when clocked the same.

From the horses mouth :D

By 10%, I meant a stock GTX 285 core is ~10% higher clocked than a stock GTX 280.

good. Anyone here upgrade from a GTX280 to one of these? I'm looking for a GTX 280 ;) PM me if anyone is selling a GTX 280.

I believe that this is still a luke warm deal. Newegg has it for $340 AR w/ free shipping. I would say in a couple weeks prices may drop a little or there maybe better deals. I will pass for now.

Shipping on this deal kills it.
The super-clocked edition does not have free shipping.
I checked it out, and it would have been $394 after tax...$374 AR.
I bought the last one and it cost me $336 shipped and will be $316 AR.

Back