EVGA GTX 260 (original) + Farcry 2 (after registering) $170 w/FS AR

SLI works a little better now right? I can put 2 mismatched GTX260s and it will just slow the faster of the 2 to the speed of the first?

some guy in this thread mentioned being able to sli a gtx260 and a gtx260+ (216 core version). so mismatched clockspeed should be no issue.

SLI works a little better now right? I can put 2 mismatched GTX260s and it will just slow the faster of the 2 to the speed of the first?

Last I had heard if you put two mismatched 260s (both having 192 cores I'm assuming) they won't change thier clock speeds. But they will work just fine.

Nice. At the end of the day a $170 192core versus a $250 216core is pretty much a slam dunk for the bang for your buck crew.

I talked to EVGA and they for sure said SLI works fine and dandy. They didn't mention any slowing of clockspeeds, either.

the form isn't actually a form. that's what i don't like about it. you have to go on their website and enter in a bunch of information. then they give you something to print out and you mail that in along with a copy of your invoice and the upc.

i used it for a $50 rebate on a shuttle k45. i bought it in late aug. / early sept. and it came in earlier last week. decent turnaround time i guess. i'm actually just happy that i got it.

so i bit on the card, forgot about live cashback... that's $6 i'm never seeing again.

update: whoa. way to go unremoved cookies:

Thanks for responding. That they honored your rebate is a good sign.

Thanks for responding. That they honored your rebate is a good sign.

they also have this "no-wait" rebate deal for $4 where they mail your rebate in 5-7 business days. i haven't tried it before, but i figure i'd try it on this gtx260 since i wasn't expecting the $6 live cashback.

Would EVGA count the MIR in the step up cost even if you didn't get your rebate back?

Not sure, but probably. Based on the BFG guy's response about this in another thread, it sounds like, if you had the oportunity to get a rebate, that counts towards teh price regardless of if you actually got it or not.

gn0me,

I was looking at that one. Seemed like a good deal at the time considering the price of all the other cards. Do you think that the 216 superclocked is worth the $100 difference?

Do you think that the 216 superclocked is worth the $100 difference?
Absolutely not. No. Really no. No way. Not even close. Not a chance. No way in Hell. Do I need to continue this? The 216 clock per clock is roughly 13% faster. Why pay 60% more to get 10% more speed. It makes no sense at all. The only reason this deal is avaliable is they are clearing out stock. By and large, without a doubt the this deal is much much much better than a 216 card.

I was going to jump on this deal for some SLI goodness, but that money went to a Sekonic L-358

Damn it. I just bought this EXACT card from Amazon.com with for $229, it came with a $20 mail-in-rebate. Since I haven't completed that yet, can I mail that purchase UPC/recept in with this rebate? Anyone think?

*EDIT* Nevermind, despite the website telling me I couldn't cancel, the person at customer service allowed me to cancel. Glad, because I guess I paid $239.

I really need to stop reading the [H] deals. I went from getting an 8800GT to SLI in my rig, to getting an MSI 260 to getting an EVGA 260 and finally to this deal. Stop.

Remember guys, if you live in NY, CA, FL, you still have to pay a sales tax.

So for me, I live in CA. I have to pay an extra $15 in tax, which comes to about $185 AR. Still, an awesome deal.

I live in FL and the Egg has never collected sales tax for my orders that got back since two years after the Egg was started.

Wait, where are you getting a $100 difference?

If you look at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130400 the price after rebate is 279.99. So I guess the non-OC 192 core version is 110.00 cheaper. The only reason I asked that question is because I have been reading and people were saying that the 192 version is not as good as the 4870 and that the 4870 and 216 version are about equal, with each one performing better in different games. But for 170.00 AR that puts this in the 4850 market.

This is tempting because I could probably resell FC2 for at least $20 which would drop the deal down to $150 putting this right in my price range.

Well the [H]'s Far Cry 2 review showed that Core 216 versions are like 1fps better than the original GTX 260. Granted that was only one game, but I think it's safe to say the performance increase is minimal in general, maybe even insignificant.

This is tempting because I could probably resell FC2 for at least $20 which would drop the deal down to $150 putting this right in my price range.

I've been watching auctions on Ebay - they're readily selling for $30 with buy it now. So $20 is a reasonable thought.

It's funny how these "games with cards" deals affect the retail value of new games.

Yeah. I may have to jump on this then! Hope they are still in stock on Friday (hurrah for payday!)

gn0me,

I was looking at that one. Seemed like a good deal at the time considering the price of all the other cards. Do you think that the 216 superclocked is worth the $100 difference?

Honestly, If I had known about this deal before I bought the GTX 260 Core216, then I would have gone with the 192 Core for $179 after rebate card. There is a reason I'm still running a 2 year old 8800 GTX, I'm sick of spending retarded amounts of money on video cards (I spent $650 for that 8800).

I'm going to stick with my 216 core order though since it performs like a vanilla GTX 280. Plus, it'll be cheaper for me to step-up if these rumored new nVidia cards come out in the next 90 days.

Yea, after doing some reading on [H] it seems that the 192 is the much better deal.

I've been watching auctions on Ebay - they're readily selling for $30 with buy it now. So $20 is a reasonable thought.

It's funny how these "games with cards" deals affect the retail value of new games.

I wonder how much I could get for my G92 8800GTS 512MB card that I would be going from.

Just looked quickly and seemed like they were going for around 100 new on ebay. Makes that deal even better eh? ;)

If you look at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130400 the price after rebate is 279.99. So I guess the non-OC 192 core version is 110.00 cheaper. The only reason I asked that question is because I have been reading and people were saying that the 192 version is not as good as the 4870 and that the 4870 and 216 version are about equal, with each one performing better in different games. But for 170.00 AR that puts this in the 4850 market.

The 216 is roughly 10% faster than the 192SP. The 4870 is about 1/2 between the two of them. If you set up all three cards on three machines you would not be able to tell which one was which.

[H]ard has in nearly every review said there is no difference between the three cards.

The 192SP at 170$ is a limited time offer, once these things sell out, you'll never get one again. I suspect this deal is the lowest we will EVER see them.

The 216 is roughly 10% faster than the 192SP. The 4870 is about 1/2 between the two of them. If you set up all three cards on three machines you would not be able to tell which one was which.

[H]ard has in nearly every review said there is no difference between the three cards.

The 192SP at 170$ is a limited time offer, once these things sell out, you'll never get one again. I suspect this deal is the lowest we will EVER see them.

sure you could. just look for the one that has ati catalyst control center crashing.

Hell this deal is fracking awsome when you take into account how good these vanilla 260s oc. Average 10-15% overclock easily puts it within gtx 260/216 gtx 280 level of performance.

".....forgot about live cashback... that's $6 i'm never seeing again."

What is live cashback? I missed out on something?

Back