EVGA GTX 1070ti $499 / 1060 6gb $279 in stock @ Microcenter

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
Saw in today's MC deal email. Limit one. In store only. Dallas/Richardson showing 9 in stock.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/..._SC_Gaming_Dual-Fan_8GB_GDDR5_PCIe_Video_Card

Still seems high to me compared to what I paid for my 1070, but in Our Current Crypto-World this isn't horrible.

If that is too pricey, the GTX 1060 6gb is also in stock (10+) for $279 after a $20 MIR

http://www.microcenter.com/product/467997/GeForce_GTX_1060_Overclocked_Dual-Fan_6GB_GDDR5_Video_Card

For whatever it's worth.

Tax kills this for most. Glad things are starting to drop but sadly I think I have converted to a console gamer

Reactions: iRUSH
like this
I would hold atm. The prices been going down by the week at my microcenter. Vega 64 went from $1100 to $850 in the past week. All the Nvidia cards were getting close to msrp but the TI was still around $1000.

Somebody is buying them. They had 9 of the 1070ti's this morning, now down to 5. The 1060's said 10+, now just says 10. I bet they sell out this weekend.

Prices are still too damn high in my opinion.

Somebody is buying them. They had 9 of the 1070ti's this morning, now down to 5. The 1060's said 10+, now just says 10. I bet they sell out this weekend.

Prices are still too damn high in my opinion.
I don't think it is miners tho. Those prices are about $50 above the MSRP which isn't too bad. But like I said hold atm and save towards the new cards coming soon. Buy asap when they released before any numbers cause me out.

When a card hit a good price during the cryptocraze, miners would have it bought out in seconds.

What you're more likely seeing now is akin to a reverse auction for everyone who has been slogging through the GPU drought. When it hits retail, everyone who had been "holding out for retail" is buying. "Waiting for a reasonable price for 2 year old technology" gets bought up after that, etc.

Retailers are not stupid. Prices may have spiked seemingly overnight, but they're going to come down gradually so that they can milk the tail end of the demand caused by crypto for as long as possible, ideally right up until the next generation of GPUs is released.

I suspect card prices will go back up - because mining profits are going back up. The last couple weeks the mining profits have been inching up as BitCoin has climbed back up to about $9-10K range.

In the last year

A 1080TI at the peak (December/January) of mining profit made about $10-$12 a day.
At the lowest point - about a month ago, it made about $1.25 a day.
It's back up to $2.50 - $3.00 a day (and increasing day after day).

Last edited:
Card prices are going back up - because mining profits are going back up. The last couple weeks the mining profits have been inching up as BitCoin has climbed back up to about 9-10K range.

It's still hovering around 9.5K. It;s almost summer and energy prices are about to go through the roof for most Americans.
I can see prices staying low until September. But, I'm not taking any risks, I will buy a 1070Ti this week.

At stock electricity use a 1080TI uses about $.60 a day running full bore at .10kWh.
Most people I know undervolt their cards to about 75% - so make that $.45 cents per day electricity use.
They also overclock their cards so lets say $2.50 gross or $2.00 profit.

If electricity goes to .15kWh then electricity at stock swells to $.90 cents per day electricity use.
or .70 cents at 75% power target.
I gross profit stays about the same at about $2.50 per card - even with summer electricity the cards are still making $1.75 per day.

There is certainly less incentive to buy them at that net profit - but it's not like they are going unprofitable by having electricity raise even 50% for summer use.

I've downsized my mining rigs and only have 11 cards currently. For summer when I have to turn on the A/C - I'll probably run the cards at 60% or 65% power target to further eliminate heat generation in my house -- they'll still be profitable, and increasingly so if bitcoin continues to rise. A lot of people are targeting bitcoin to hit 30,000 by the end of this year. If that's the case - the mining craze and associated card costs will certainly climb again - with or without NVidia's new turing/ampere line release.

At stock electricity use a 1080TI uses about $.60 a day running full bore at .10kWh.
Most people I know undervolt their cards to about 75% - so make that $.45 cents per day electricity use.
They also overclock their cards so lets say $2.50 gross or $2.00 profit.

If electricity goes to .15kWh then electricity at stock swells to $.90 cents per day electricity use.
or .70 cents at 75% power target.
I gross profit stays about the same at about $2.50 per card - even with summer electricity the cards are still making $1.75 per day.

There is certainly less incentive to buy them at that net profit - but it's not like they are going unprofitable by having electricity raise even 50% for summer use.

I've downsized my mining rigs and only have 11 cards currently. For summer when I have to turn on the A/C - I'll probably run the cards at 60% or 65% power target to further eliminate heat generation in my house -- they'll still be profitable, and increasingly so if bitcoin continues to rise. A lot of people are targeting bitcoin to hit 30,000 by the end of this year. If that's the case - the mining craze and associated card costs will certainly climb again - with or without NVidia's new turing/ampere line release.
Awesome speculation !

Actually, I see card prices dropping... so much glut from the bitcoin bubble and lots of folks trying to cash out on their mining rigs.. Nvidia has also forcasted a slump over the next few quarters in video card sales as the mining craze was a boom for their products in the last few quarters

Sold my 970 a few weeks ago for near what I paid for it 2 years ago.. Will be picking up a 1080 in a few months for what I sold the 970 for.. expect it.

Actually, I see card prices dropping... so much glut from the bitcoin bubble and lots of folks trying to cash out on their mining rigs.. Nvidia has also forcasted a slump over the next few quarters in video card sales as the mining craze was a boom for their products in the last few quarters

Sold my 970 a few weeks ago for near what I paid for it 2 years ago.. Will be picking up a 1080 in a few months for what I sold the 970 for.. expect it.
not with mining profits going back up man...

Two 1080TI today at 70% power are making $6. So 3 bucks a card. A couple weeks back two 1080Ti were making $2.50 at 75% power - so $1.25 a card. (this compared to January peak were a 1080Ti was making $12 a day at 75% power. If what was happening a couple weeks back continued - you'd have your point, but profits seem like they are on the upswing again. One of my friends told me had turned off his rigs, because it wasn't very profitable for the last few weeks, and just turned them on last night again because he saw profits were coming back.

upload_2018-5-14_23-50-43.png

Nicehash is a ripoff..the daily estimated earnings never pan out.
Not in my experience. They’ve proven spot on.

If anything I usually make more than what their daily calculator says I will. If you are trying to use the website week or monthly calculator realize it’s based on the stock cards past week, or month, respectively, of data, nothing more. So it’s subject to change of overall market profitability. However the 24 hour rate they list is almost always a little low compared to what I actually made because I undervolted and overclock. (And at least with the most common algorithms — 75% power use and overclocked RAM (typically about + ~ 585mhz) is faster than a stock card that isn’t tuned.)

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Last edited:
Prices really are coming back down. I paid $220 for a 6GB MSI 1060 last year and it looks like they are almost back at the same price.

Back