Part Number: 02G-P3-1186-AR
Core Clock Speed: 675MHz
Processing Cores: 240
Memory Clock Speed: 2376MHz
Memory Bandwidth: 152GB/sec
Shader Clock Speed: 1548MHz
Bus: PCI-E 2.0
Interface: DVI-I, DVI-I, HDTV-7

I got 14days left on my step-up... this is exactly what I was waiting for, something damn-fine to hit.

Step-up from an EVGA GTX 260/SP216 to this 2GB GTX 285? thats gotta be worth it, eh? :)

Get an overclocked GTX285 1GB instead. It will be faster. Going from 1GB to 2GB gets minimal gains even at 2560x1600.

Get an overclocked GTX285 1GB instead. It will be faster. Going from 1GB to 2GB gets minimal gains even at 2560x1600.

This man speaks the truth. I believe the memory speed was dropped to support 2gb.

I am curious if anyone has a hands on with this card. I am looking at upgrading from 2x Radeon 4870 1GB cards and this interests me.

Any benchmarks??

I wonder what 2 in SLi would be like at 2560x1600.... with 2 running, it might be able to increase the capability of the extra VRAM, but that is just a quick thought of mine.. I have no idea if it is plausible

not to mention the price/performance ratio.. but I don't really care about that.. I would like to see some benches of these in SLi

According to EVGA forums, these cards will not be available for step up.

I wonder what 2 in SLi would be like at 2560x1600.... with 2 running, it might be able to increase the capability of the extra VRAM, but that is just a quick thought of mine.. I have no idea if it is plausible

not to mention the price/performance ratio.. but I don't really care about that.. I would like to see some benches of these in SLi

These should finally allow a Tri-SLI setup to run crysis 2560x1600 with max AA. Before you ran out of V.ram. However, is it worth all that money to play crysis? Well, depends on how much money you have I guess.

indeed, the EVGA step-up process tells it like so ;;
Only Reference designs are available when selecting your products, higher clocked cards are not part of the step up program as per the terms and conditions.
Product Availability: Please note that because of the limited quantities of some products, not all EVGA products are available for step-up.
U.S. Graphic Cards
01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285
896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275
896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 - 55nm
that bites... so, guess I am going this route = GeForce GTX 285
thank you vengence for pointing that out! that saved alot of heartache and a call to thier call center!

-peace-

Last edited:
This man speaks the truth. I believe the memory speed was dropped to support 2gb.
well guys, looking into things further... you both are dead on! by looking at the EVGA product sheets for the basic GTX 285 2GB, the GTX 285 2GB SC, and the GTX 260/SP216 video cards you get this ;

RAM Speed:
GeForce GTX 285 2GB => 2322Mhz (effective)
GeForce GTX 285 2GB SC => 2376Mhz (effective)
GeForce GTX 285 => 2484Mhz (effective)

Memory Bandwidth:
GeForce GTX 285 2GB => 148.6 GB/s
GeForce GTX 285 2GB SC => 152 GB/s
GeForce GTX 285 => 159 GB/s

so I am not too unhappy that I wasn't able to step-up to either of the GTX 285 2GB cards, as the reference GTX 285 card is a damn fine card in-and-of itself. thanks for pointing this out, damn fine calls by the both of ya!

-peace-
fnord0

lol $410 for this puppy, i guess 1gb extra of ram gotta add at least 2" to your epenis.

These should finally allow a Tri-SLI setup to run crysis 2560x1600 with max AA. Before you ran out of V.ram. However, is it worth all that money to play crysis? Well, depends on how much money you have I guess.

I wonder if it really will be able to play crysis at these settings... somebody needs to try it out.. somebody grab three of these things and see what they can really do

I wonder if it really will be able to play crysis at these settings... somebody needs to try it out.. somebody grab three of these things and see what they can really do

Just give me the funds and I'll gladly do it. Chip in for some water blocks and a 4x120mm radiator while your at it if you don't mind. :D

Been some complaints on the EVGA boards that these things aren't playing nice with 32 bit games in Vista 64, and not working well with Vista 32 also. Speculation is the 2 gigs is too much.

b.o.t. but question?.. I know evga only allows reference cards for stepup.. How about BFG? Do they allow you to step up to oc'd and higher end cards? Im a evga guy so not some bfg fanboi in here starting trouble.. I really am just wondering and thought some of you might know..

bfg does allow tradeup to higher clocked cards, at a premium. However, BFG does not offer any 2gb 285s... yet

I think you can pass over the 2GB and just wait for the next chip that comes from Nvidia for better performance. I purchased the reference 260 and will steupup in 2.5 months. By then prices should be a little lower. Then the 285 might be worth getting.

i actually bought this eVGA GTX285 SC 2GB a couple days ago for $350 shipping included. still waiting.

Back