EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO 1.5GB for $24.99

DDR2 also, total crap, price is great but card doesn't have much of a market. I almost bought one until I saw it was DDR2. Rather pay a few more bucks for something worthwhile.

Would this work as a Physx card with only 48 SP's?
The minimum PhysX requirements are 32 SPs and 256MB of local memory. http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html#q3

The 9600GSO has performance between the GT220 DDR2 and GT220 DDR3 cards, and this user said adding a GT220 improved PhysX performance in Mirror's Edge and Batman AA vs a single GTX 260 performing both rendering and PhysX: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035425977&postcount=19

$25AR is about the only positive for this card, and might not really be worth it if you buy it especially for PhysX. A $40AR 9800GT or $50AR GTS 250 like in recent deals would be a lot better. I might pick one up as a spare or to give to my neices (they are using a GF6600 in an old Dell 8400).

Too bad the 96SP 9600GSO cards have dried up, besides an odd pull or two and overpriced used ones on ebay. I just got one last year and installed it in a nephew's computer. The 96SP 9600GSO was around as fast as a 9600GT.

Too bad the 96SP 9600GSO cards have dried up, besides an odd pull or two and overpriced used ones on ebay. I just got one last year and installed it in a nephew's computer. The 96SP 9600GSO was around as fast as a 9600GT.

+1

8800 GS too, a personal favourite, installed in many a budget gaming build, every customer and family member absolutely pleased. Good times.

If this was the old 96sp version like the 8800gs or early 9600gso then it would be smoking hot.

Unfortunately this is just a card with lots of slow ram to trick newbs into thinking it's good. I cant tell you how many times a week I hear, "whats your cheapest video card with 1gb of ram." Face palm every time.

If this was the old 96sp version like the 8800gs or early 9600gso then it would be smoking hot.

Unfortunately this is just a card with lots of slow ram to trick newbs into thinking it's good. I cant tell you how many times a week I hear, "whats your cheapest video card with 1gb of ram." Face palm every time.

Or when you ask someone what video card they have, they respond with "its a 512mb nvidia"

*double facepalm*

Every time I hear that, without fail, it is a sucky ass card with crippled (but lots of) memory.

Or when you ask someone what video card they have, they respond with "its a 512mb nvidia"

*double facepalm*

Every time I hear that, without fail, it is a sucky ass card with crippled (but lots of) memory.

my 8800gts isnt a sucky ass card worthy of a face palm :mad:

Do you respond with "512mb nvidia" and nothing else when someone asks you what GPU you are running?
LOL

I see that at Fry's when n00bs are looking through the video card section. Then they wind up walking away with some lame 1GB card over a much faster and similarly priced card. It's not limited only to nvidia, ya know. It's just a big target since it still has almost 2/3 of the installed base for (casual or better) gamers, with clue or not. :p

LOL

I see that at Fry's when n00bs are looking through the video card section. Then they wind up walking away with some lame 1GB card over a much faster and similarly priced card. It's not limited only to nvidia, ya know. It's just a big target since it still has almost 2/3 of the installed base for (casual or better) gamers, with clue or not. :p

I know, "one gig ATI" (pronounced "ah-tee") is just as bad.:p

My poor ($39) ASUS 9600GSO will never find an SLi partner will she?

Back