• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eVGA GeForce 6900 GT causes issues with CSS?

raybur

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
8
New Rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775
G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
EXCELSTOR ESJ8080S 80GB HDD
Antec Basiq BP500U ATX12V Version 2.01 500W Power Supply
EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked
Foxconn M7VMX-K LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i

For some reason when I load CS: Source I occasionally get freezes, the ones with the sound loop. It always happens on de_cpl_mill and sometimes on some of the other larger maps. Sometimes I will play forever with no freeze but then sometimes it freezes like every 5 min. At first I thought it was over heating but sometimes it freezes when I am running cool. All my temps run normal even at loads. I was thinking maybe it would be the PSU is not supplying the video card with enough power but I am not sure how to troubleshoot that besides buying a new $100 PSU. I will buy a $100 PSU if I knew that was the issue but I don't want to buy a new one and find out thats not the issue. I checked the RAM with memtest and all of it checked out good. Anyone experience this problem? Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?
 
I've had the same sound looping freeze and after lots of testing was able to trace it back to my wireless card, if your using one also I suggest you take it out and hookup to the internet with a good old fashion cable to test it.

To test the PSU I would first find a good PSU calculator and add up the total power that the computer needs. Next I would try unplugging power from things you don't, unplug your CD drives, lights, basically anything you can run the game without and test for crashing. if that doesn't work one last thing you can try is unplugging the 6pin power connector from the graphics card and using the 6 pin power adapter that uses 2, 4 pin connectors, use a 4 pin from a different string of connectors in each plug. If that works then the 6 pin power connector isn't giving the card enough juice. s

I feel that I'm forgetting sanother very simple test but I can't think of what.

Anyway hope that helps.
 
I have a freezing issue with my 8800gs, I also get graphics corruption even when the temps are perfectly fine (ex. 40*c). It's weird because after the initial freeze, if i minimize it will freeze and there's just a bunch of times it will freeze doing things in windows but that's only after the initial freeze, otherwise I could play cod4 for hours. I think it's gotta be a driver issue but come on someone help me, can't take this anymore.
 
6900GT?

If I recall right, the EVGA's Superclocked 9600s have been the most problematic possibly due to poor quality control. I read this on another thread here a few weeks ago.
 
Speaking of Quality Control, I'm starting to think my 8800gs has bad memory.
Might have to Rma it, atleast the Evga Customer Services is nice and friendly to me :D
 
i think i had the same problem with my 8800 gts and i think i uninstall CSS then re install it and it worked out ok after that.
 
6900GT?

If I recall right, the EVGA's Superclocked 9600s have been the most problematic possibly due to poor quality control. I read this on another thread here a few weeks ago.

lol I wasn't sure what a 6900GT was either, 9600 makes sense. nVidia's number schemes + the potential for typos can make for hazardous results
 
Back
Top