• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA forums getting psyched up about taking us down

Yeah, we want you to show us that we can't pass you! Snap to it!

Good luck! :)
 
Myself, I'm not to worried about it. At least people here are folding for the right reasons ;).

But hey, at least they pulled more people into Folding and helping the cause :).
 
Yeah, according to their active user chart, they've pulled a *lot* more people into folding. I just hope that they stick with it and fold for all the right reasons, regardless of the team they're representing. If it's our time, then it's our time, and I'll have no hard feelings about it. Just remember that if EVGA does get by us in the standings, then they will be the ones with a target on their backs, not us. :D
 
And people say the buyout doesnt matter, they say it never did much

right... year two increased PPM by over 100%, year 3 adds almost 50% more folders
It's good for the science, but there is no where every other "normal" non-sponsored team can compete fairly

Anyways, we're in it pro-bono, and we're here to stay. Once you stop doing handouts you'll hear the rumble of a diesel powered mower behind you... Then we'll dispute who is number 1...
 
Congrats to EVGA on their ramp-up. We have pushed hard and increased our output as well. They are still 10 months out. I'd love to build myself a shiny new bigadv box but it's just not in the cards right now.
 
While I dont see it possible that we stop them, I want to personally thank each and every member of the horde for doing as much as you can. Just because they have a larger PPD doesn't mean we aren't giving it 100%
 
Oh no! They've linked back to this thread in their thread!

/me waves to all of the EVGA people.

Congrats to them when they finally overtake us. I know a bunch of our members have some nice projects in the works. I wonder how long we can hold them off for.

We need MOAR D!!!

 
We have been in second place before.

Funny how those teams that overtook us in years back are not even close to a threat to us now.

We are here today... we will be here tomorrow... and if we are overtaken, it is just a matter of time before we retake the throne.

 
meant to ask if anyone knows of a good folding i7 board. I would consider getting another i7 920 for a media server/Photoshop machine

 
Let's see how long some of their members keep actively Folding as the time goes on.

People can be quick to pick it up, and even quicker to put it down.
When money talks I think we have a more active and dedicated team than they do. :p
Shame they have to resort to member bucks to catch little ol' us, eh? :D
 
Let's see how long some of their members keep actively Folding as the time goes on.

People can be quick to pick it up, and even quicker to put it down.
When money talks I think we have a more active and dedicated team than they do. :p
Shame they have to resort to member bucks to catch little ol' us, eh? :D

More of a statement to how strong we really are if you ask me
 
I now have a personal vested interest in attaining 100k PPD, I will be ramping up hard in the month to come... See my other thread and well yeah ;) Finally, holding a job and stuffs like that's starting to pay off - whews...

I'm back baby!
 
meant to ask if anyone knows of a good folding i7 board. I would consider getting another i7 920 for a media server/Photoshop machine


I think Tobit really liked the cheap board he picked up. Hopefully he'll come in here and shed some light. EDIT: ignore that. Apparently they keep dying on people.

In other news I switched back to bigadv on my i7 instead of doing a3 units. That should net us another 10k ppd overall. Actually it will probably be even more since I kept picking up a1 units.

Long live the [H]orde!
 
Last edited:
I think Tobit really liked the cheap board he picked up. Hopefully he'll come in here and shed some light. EDIT: ignore that. Apparently they keep dying on people.

In other news I switched back to bigadv on my i7 instead of doing a3 units. That should net us another 10k ppd overall. Actually it will probably be even more since I kept picking up a1 units.

Long live the [H]orde!

Dont think he likes it anymore :)

Also whos afraid of a little competition? We havent had anyone challenge us in a long long time.

Lets battle :D
 
There's a small difference between battle and slaughter

Saying that, I'm checking on my i7 rig right now, I can't get this bonus qualification done soon enough!
Should put me near 60k once I get it done. Might have to cobble together another GPU rig to hit my 100k

It's only electricity right?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Yea, I'm already at like 60$+ a month folding only, I'm sure my two new rigs will bump that over 100

ouchy...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
We have been in second place before.

Funny how those teams that overtook us in years back are not even close to a threat to us now.

We are here today... we will be here tomorrow... and if we are overtaken, it is just a matter of time before we retake the throne.



So very true. If one looks at how this team has fared over the last 9 years of Folding, this is just another cycle.
 
So very true. If one looks at how this team has fared over the last 9 years of Folding, this is just another cycle.

pretty much.. thought we still need to pickup our game to make sure this crap has no effect on us when they have these ramp ups..
 
Dual 295's full time, a PS3, and an i7 that's not cooperating with me. The i7 replaced a full time 3 way 260 rig
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

it's cheaper than 60$ Now that the i7 isn't running bigadv yet, but once it does it will be back around same power levels as before
 
Excellent to hear you guys are ramping up as well! Vaulter98, good luck getting that i7 running bigadv!
 
all i have is my GTX 260 folding maybe 15 hours out of the day.. soon ill have a 8800GT folding again since i finally got that system up and running after 6 months of sitting there collecting dust.. debating if i want to run A2 WU's on it or just leave it running boinc on the cpu..
 
you know you want to get some A3 goodness....
 
*still waits for P4/P8 modular cable to arrive by UK snail-mail* :p

~6k PPD just sitting here idly :(
 
I'd send you mine but god that would take even longer lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
What kind of cable do you need exactly? Is it not available in your area?

It's the P4/P8 cable for the mainboard, supplying it with more 12V juice. XClio in its infinite wisdom decided that hardwiring it would be unnecessary. It's 8-pin on the PSU side and 4+4 on the other side. Tiger sent it to me a while ago, but from my experience UK mail to NL can take weeks (c'mon guys, it's just one puddle between there and here...).

I could use a Molex to P4 adapter if I had one or could find one :)

I have an older PSU lying around I could use if it didn't lack the 24-pin ATX connector :p

[edit]: Found Molex to P4 adapter, but it's 5 Euro plus 10 Euro shipping :eek:
http://www.alternate.nl/html/produc...048150/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Toebehoren&l2=Adapters
 
you know you want to get some A3 goodness....

A3's on that processor would be absolutely worthless.. the x2 6400+ is comparable to maybe the E6300(65nm) and thats a big maybe.. hell if i hadnt of run out of as5 i would of already ripped that worthless processor out and put my AMD x2 be-2350 back in that system..
 
Started bigadv this morning, might be pushing the deadline at stock speed though :(

I'll have to fix that once this unit is finished.
 
Nah just safely shut down the VM (control+C then power off) or suspend it....do your OC, start the VM again.

I've had a 1day gap between running -bigadv, stopping (dead board), and starting again (buying new board, getting back up and running). You lose a couple thousand bonus but not much...instead of 55k I got 50k. Especially if you're running stock and you think you'll barely make it...why not tweak now before you waste 2-3 days running @ 100% and then find out you didn't get it? I'd shut it down now and work on the OC if that's the case. ;)
 
Last night I switched back to bigadv from the Win SMP client. However I'm still down one GPU as I pulled it due to it getting too hot in the case. Once I transfer over to my larger case I'll be getting back up to full operation.
 
OK, so I know a lot of us have been fighting back, I just want to say good job guys! I'm about to unleash a bigadv (5 more A3's until I get the bonus) and I know a lot of other people have stepped up to the plate to.

Obviously we can't pull 2 million out of our asses but we can fight them every step of the way

Here's to 5 Million PPD!!!

And for what its worth, theyve lost 100 members already that decided the pay out program wasnt good enough for them. Not saying that they need to be losing members, but it puts us into a closer category (member wise)
 
Maybe we should start a bigadv countdown thread :p

Seriously though guys keep it up. I know I'm trying my best to squeeze every bit out of my rigs. Lets make it as hard as possible for them :D
 
Back
Top