eVGA e-GeForce 7800GTx 256....

Moose777

2[H]4U
I understand its an older card. But it's been good to me and I'd like to find another one to toss in my SLi rig. The problem is, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Newegg doesn't list it anymore, its not on eVGA's website. Anyone have any idea where I can find one?

I understand its an older card. But it's been good to me and I'd like to find another one to toss in my SLi rig. The problem is, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Newegg doesn't list it anymore, its not on eVGA's website. Anyone have any idea where I can find one?

The only places ive seen them on was EVGA's Bstock page and newegg's refurb page, but that hasnt been for months. Unfortunately you may have to look into getting a new card instead of SLI or ebaying it to find one.

Depending on the price that you can find one for I'd check that against the price of a better single card solution.

I have a 7800gt sitting in my closet as a backup for RMA/Step-ups and trouble shooting

might be time to do the same for yours if you are looking for some more umph

I've been reading a lot lately that they are becoming more and more difficult to find, along with the 512 versions of it.

I guess the whole SLi thing never really took off. I've been out of the computer game for a while.

You may want to look into something like a 9600GT or GSO i thinkt hat would fit your bill quite well maybe even an 8800GT or GTS(512) i had the same mobo that you did and i had a 7800GT and the jump to an 8800GTS was quite a noticable one.

Heh, I've still got mine, and it's a lonely bugger. It's been keeping up with most of the things I play, but it's lagging behind with the current games. I'll probably be upgrading towards the end of the year and selling it off...

Why don't you look in the FS/T section here. Thats where I got my 2nd one for SLI. Although I can agree with others, upgrading to something 8 series (plus 512mb or more) or better would wet your whistle even in XP.

They do show there age rather quickly with only 256mb and most new games!

Also drop some coin on a X2 cpu, they aren't that expensive and really do help games that are SMP aware.

i do know that Tigerdirect had some eVGA 7800gtx recertified ones but i guess not no more... your best bet is ebay or here in the For Sale / Trade

Thanks guys, I sent a PM to ViriiK. If he doesn't have the cards anymore I'll look into upgrading the entire rig.

Back