• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA Copper - Easy as Pie Dial up warned

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
7,456
She was easy to do. Just 4 screws and bang. It only took 10 minutes and she shaves about 2-3c off ide and around 5c off of full load 54c/69c

Anyway here are the gratuitis pics. The last pic is for 2005fpw owners


coppersink.jpg


evgabefore.jpg


evga-core.jpg


evgacopper1.jpg


evgacopper2.jpg



wallpaper.jpg
 
cool man , ive been thinking about doing that to my 6800 Gt ( of COurse id get the smaller copper heatsink for the 6800gt) :D
 
I just wish they would come up with a copper ram assembly
 
I have seen one set that interested me but they were in Germany. Links to the best you can buy in the US would be appreciated

PS: I just thought it would be cool to have the exisiting heat dissipation system for the memroy be in all coppper

By the way , the heat tranfer compound has cured a bit and now I am at 52c idle. Not too shabby for $14.00
 
Stock temps for me were idle 46C/load 70Cish, after applying AS5 I got idle 44C/load 65Cish, with the copper sink(lapped to 1500grit) I get idle 41C/load 52Cish. Not bad for $20.I just did this yesterday, I imagine temps will drop slightly once the AS5 sets in some more.
 
I wonder how my LE would fair with some copper and AS5. It pulls 465 with the stock cooler and paste. hmmmm
 
hey jacuzz1, what are the dimensions of the copper heatsink? The GT version seems a little shorter. The spec sheet on evga sink is actually and installation guide instead. I'm thinking of putting that hs on my BFG6800OC with custom fan. Since they're all reference design, assume the mounting holes will be the same.

Thanks
 
flying_vee said:
hey jacuzz1, what are the dimensions of the copper heatsink? The GT version seems a little shorter. The spec sheet on evga sink is actually and installation guide instead. I'm thinking of putting that hs on my BFG6800OC with custom fan. Since they're all reference design, assume the mounting holes will be the same.

Thanks


Sory dude i did not see your post before i reinstalled the card. I will measure her next time i have her out.
 
Back
Top