• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eVGA cards worth the risk?

IceWindus

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
10
Im about ready to go insane. Im so desperate for a 6800 GT and no where can I find a BFG card in stock. I really want BFG for its lifetime warranty but everyone is sold out. I noticed zipzoomfly has eVGA 6800GTs in stock. Any find it a worthwhile tradeoff for relibity or should I just hold my guns.

I do plan on adding a Vga silencer 5 with whomever I get the card from. Its just really cool that BFG has lifetime warranty no matter what, even if I OC it to death.
 
Worth the risk? eVGA backs their 1-year warranty better than any other company out there. They offer cross shipping, and overnight shipping. If I were in the market for a 6800 card right now, the two (and only two) brands I would consider would be eVGA and BFG. Either one is a good choice. Also, if you change the HSF, the warranty is void, so what is the point of getting a BFG over the eVGA then?

Scott
 
IceWind said:
Its just really cool that BFG has lifetime warranty no matter what, even if I OC it to death.

actually, overclocking voids your warranty.

if you can find an eVGA, buy it. they're nearly the same card except for the warranty.
 
What risk? Nvidia chose them to make the reference cards they sent out for reviews. :p
 
MY EVGA 6800NU runs great, and O/Cs pretty good for a NU. EVGA has been with nvidia for quite some time, so you are safe :)
 
WTF?

Risk???? :confused:

Um...eVGA is probably the most reliable card maker for nVidia...after all they made the cards that nVidia sent out for reviews...
 
K, if you guys say so and it won me over. Said fuck it, wipped out the credit card and ordered it. I expect my baby to be here Wed. Can't wait!

Only problem is, my credit has melted into pool of slag. Owell, gotta help my part in the debt system :D
 
IceWind said:
K, if you guys say so and it wont me over. Said fuck it, wipped out the credit card and ordered it. I expect my baby to be here Wed. Can't wait!

Only problem is, my credit has melted into pool of slag. Owell, gotta help my part in the debt system :D

Where'd you get it from?
 
newegg has the 6800gt's instock, evga ones that is.. just got mine today, it's awesome.. i had a 5900SE before this, that too was made by evga.. never had any problems with them.. great company
 
gima said:
newegg has the 6800gt's instock, evga ones that is.. just got mine today, it's awesome.. i had a 5900SE before this, that too was made by evga.. never had any problems with them.. great company

Awesome, glad you told me. Cancelled my ZipZoomfly order and just placed my eVGA order on Newegg instead. Ive bought alot from them and theve never let me down.
 
Purchased mine direct and also did the step up program. Evga is tops in my book. They are easy to deal with.
 
Bought mine via evga.com.

Bought it primarily to "step up" later to either an Ultra or, God willing, a faster variant they'll announce soon hopefully. ;)

Either way, new variant or newer stepping of Ultra, I'll hope for better clocks.
 
eVGA is a great company, used two of their cards had no prob.

zipzoomfly is an awesome company, free 2nd day shipping!
i order from them and newegg 90% of the time, never have had one shipping problem or DOA. best two retailers out there imo.
 
Cali3350 said:
Id get EVGA WAY ahead of BFG because of BFG's shitty heatsink.
You know, I was way set to order the BFG for my new system (running Prime95 happily as can be, as I type this....:cool: ) but I've read in more than one forum that their "new" copper / blue LED HSF isn't as good as the OEM HSF that originally came with the cards? That, and their web site still says "Available August 15th"...... :rolleyes:

NewEgg has the eVGA's in stock for $429.00 with FarCry and free Fed-X. Just ordered one....wO0t...!! :D

Can't wait now - B.B.S.
 
BlindedByScience said:
You know, I was way set to order the BFG for my new system (running Prime95 happily as can be, as I type this....:cool: ) but I've read in more than one forum that their "new" copper / blue LED HSF isn't as good as the OEM HSF that originally came with the cards? That, and their web site still says "Available August 15th"...... :rolleyes:

NewEgg has the eVGA's in stock for $429.00 with FarCry and free Fed-X. Just ordered one....wO0t...!! :D

Can't wait now - B.B.S.
yeah thinking the same, until i saw that evga among others is bundling doom3 with their cards so im waiting cause i already have two copies of farcry from buying a64/mobo combo and my memory and now i can have two copies of doom3!
 
Back
Top