EVGA B-Stock Flash sale - 1600W PSU $150

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
All come with 1 year warranty.

Best deal I see is 1600W PSU's for ~$150.

1689170491915.png

Hmm, G+ line, interesting. I'd stay away from the garbage GQ line.

Is there a typo or are there cables missing? There is only one 8pin cable listed, shouldn't there be two? Same for the sata only one listed..

Guys I bought the 1300 G+ and it arrived today. The total cost came out to be $97.00 and some change after taxes and free ground shipping. Just in case anyone was curious, I've attached a photo of the PSU. Looks brand new and all cables are included except for the manual :cautious:
Anyway, who knows if they're providing the same treatment for all b-stock PSU units, or since they're going under, they simply don't care anymore and include everything.

PXL_20230713_031311538.jpg

Last edited:
...or since they're going under, they simply don't care anymore and include everything.
Wow, this was news to me since I don't follow stuff like this. EVGA exiting the GPU market when their company name is the same as the name for the 1024x768 resolution is kinda like the post office no longer having an office.

How valid the warranty when they be outta biz?
These B-stock are only 1 year, but I would treat it as a non-DOA only warranty until the actual return period is over, and that's only valid for as long as the phone lines/internet and lights are powered on. From personal experience I've had pretty good luck with EVGA PSUs, my original P2 1200W died within about a year, was replaced under warranty with a refurb unit that has run flawlessly for 8 years since then. But yeah I don't need a PSU right now and if I did I probably wouldn't go with EVGA at this point without the expectation its a non-DOA warranty type situation, like buying used from Ebay or a hardware forum.

From everything I read, it seems EVGA will continue to focus on other lines of business such as power supplies so I think if they truly are just dropping GPUs and not everything that their warranty will be stellar as always. Time will tell on this though.

I would jump on this if it had 2 8-pin mobo connectors. But the list says it has only 1.

From everything I read, it seems EVGA will continue to focus on other lines of business such as power supplies so I think if they truly are just dropping GPUs and not everything that their warranty will be stellar as always. Time will tell on this though.
Impression i have gotten are doors are closed. They made the GPU a big thing with Nvidia but were planning a full shut down.

Impression i have gotten are doors are closed. They made the GPU a big thing with Nvidia but were planning a full shut down.
I haven't looked at the web site or tried customer support but if either of these two are off, you may be right.

Doors are not closed.
I have been lead to believe differantly. As in nothing future wise is being persued and it is just a trickle down of current obligations. It is a proper shut down, but a shut down none the less IMO. Open for corrections though.

I bought the 850GQ for like $70 on sale at BB last year - EVGA is selling it for $100 as a BStock item. They need to rethink their item costs here.

$500 for a B-stock 2070super is nuts. They'll never get rid of that stuff with those prices.

I bought the 850GQ for like $70 on sale at BB last year - EVGA is selling it for $100 as a BStock item. They need to rethink their item costs here.

$500 for a B-stock 2070super is nuts. They'll never get rid of that stuff with those prices.
That's why we wait for sales and then only bother with the items that are priced right for a 1 year warranty. Normal B-Stock has been crazy for a while. Riskier now with all the uncertainty. But, I've dealt with 3dfx, BFG and XFX going to AMD. I'd like to see Evga resurrected as an unrestricted Intel and AMD shop. Oh well.

Steve from Nexus predicts EVGA will pull completely out of the scene. If it's a slow death I would just say just pull the plug already. Last year it took me 2 months to get a replacement GPU I had a whole thread about it. I'll never have another EVGA product ever again tbh. The EVGA show is basically over.

Steve from Nexus predicts EVGA will pull completely out of the scene. If it's a slow death I would just say just pull the plug already. Last year it took me 2 months to get a replacement GPU I had a whole thread about it. I'll never have another EVGA product ever again tbh. The EVGA show is basically over.
That could happen I guess, but they do have a solid brand that could easily pivot into other things. I mean, they started out with graphics adapters and moved into keyboards, mice, power supplies, motherboards, and more. They could continue to pivot and find other avenues for revenue. I would see that as their next move if they want to keep their brand goodwill intact.

Back