EVGA B-Stock back on sale again!

I'm torn between choosing a 460 for $89 and saving some change and getting a 285 for $75 shipped...I know the 460 is newer but the 285 has more raw power...I am about to have surgery on my knee and am going to be laid up for a good while, and am going to be working my way through SW Empire @ War again, and FO New Vegas which I've never played..Playing @ 1080P on a 55" LCD..Rest of the Rig is in my sig....Suggestions?

$280 for a 480, tempted to try and do the SLI hack for my x38 mobo and do surround.

I went a bit crazy...again.....2 GTX460s and a P55 FTW. (BTW, used some EVGA Bux and got one of the 460s for $60. LOL ) I have another pair of 460s in my son's PC and it has no problem running any games out there. His max res is 2048 x1142 so the lower 768mb versions are very capable. Like stated above...ATI got some great cards and the 6970 is one of them. I would love to have a choice between ATI and nVidia, but the lack of Folding prowess on ATI keeps me in the Green camp.

I went a bit crazy...again.....2 GTX460s and a P55 FTW. (BTW, used some EVGA Bux and got one of the 460s for $60. LOL ) I have another pair of 460s in my son's PC and it has no problem running any games out there. His max res is 2048 x1142 so the lower 768mb versions are very capable. Like stated above...ATI got some great cards and the 6970 is one of them. I would love to have a choice between ATI and nVidia, but the lack of Folding prowess on ATI keeps me in the Green camp.

You are aware that a V7 ATI client allows pretty decent GPU folding numbers on the ati cards?

Yes, I am aware they can fold ok with some setup and fiddling around, but anyone who wants to do serious folding will choose nVidia over ATI every time or run Big WU on the CPU (O/C Quads) To my knowledge, not many serious folders run ATI. I think I read somewhere an ATI 6970 only puts out 4500ppd give or take a few. Heck, my spare 8800GT drops nearly 5000 ppd. I have yet to see a reason to fold on an ATI gpu when a midrange GTX460 can nearly double anything from ATI. OP, sorry for going off topic. Thanks for the heads-up on BStock. (I check EVGA every couple days to see if anything good pops up.)

They have these deals often and the prices really don't look that hot considering the items only come with a 90 day warranty.

They have these deals often and the prices really don't look that hot considering the items only come with a 90 day warranty.

That's probably enough, considering how cheap they are. If a piece of computer hardware doesn't fail in a months use, you're probably in the clear.

I'm also not seeing a lot of great values here. I got my Galaxy GTX570's new for 289 after rebate at the beginning of the year. EVGA Refurbished 570's with no accessories and 90 warranty for 279 doesn't seem all that hot to me. Didn't see any other prices that made me wanna jump on anything. Thought about picking up one of the cheap x58's to have as a spare, though. But after seeing some of the deals on refurbished MSI x58 boards, these prices look even worse.

Back