Evga A1 squealing...need HardForum patrons thoughts...

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone experiencing the EVGA 680i A1 squealing from the motherboard?

I just wanted to know if anyone here has had this problem versus those on EVGA's forum post here:

http://evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29490

I'm wanting to get an SLI C2D motherboard, and EVGA looks be it. However, if everyone is experience this whine/squeal when they are overclocking the board hard, I won't be able to stand it.(I spent $350 on my water cooling gear so I could overclock without noise...)

blah, i just got my evga a1 rma in yesterday, it seems like every single person with an a1 is getting this whining.

I ran for a couple hours at stocks last night while reinstalling etc, and didnt hear anything but i plan to OC today.

I really hope im the exception to the rule as the people there make it sound truly horrible

this is not good to hear. I had the screaming coil issue on my P5N32-E SLI plus and bought the evga A1 to replace it hoping this issue would not be present. I'll post later today after I build the new rig and let you know if mine has the issue.

I ONLY have it when running ORTHOS (and maybe OCCT). I never have it when doing regular 100% cpu work, like folding/multitasking/gaming/whatever else.

No squealing here? It could be the old problem that DFI MB's had with the NB cooler fan:confused:

No, EVGA's forum members have specifically posted that this is coming from the capacitors/mosfets/and or the cpu socket area.

This is verfied from EVGA's tech support that this does indeed occur, but there is no fix for it.

just finished install, no squealing at all. great board so far, time to start overclocking the @#*! out of this bad boy. :cool:

Like I said before, I only get it when using OCCT or ORTHOS. TAT doesn't give the noise, neither does regular 100% usage. Only those two programs make it, so maybe its something they are doing? :confused:

Like I said before, I only get it when using OCCT or ORTHOS. TAT doesn't give the noise, neither does regular 100% usage. Only those two programs make it, so maybe its something they are doing? :confused:
I am running orthos right now, no squealing.

It appears i have none yet either, although ive only done FSB bumps, no vcore yet, but i am up to 3.4.

Here's hoping, that thread @ evga made it sound really bad

Back