eVGA 9800GTX Problem

SDMorris

Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
675
I was playing BF2 today, all max settings, stock clocks on my GFX card, and the fan on it turned to 100%. It somehow got to 78c, and the screen started flickering. I let it cool for awhile, and its running fine now at 49c. Anyone have an idea why it did that? Maybe I accidently hit my hotkey to set the fan to 40%.
 
That's kinda hot for a 100% fan setting. I have mine set at 65%, and I've only seen it go to 72 while playing crysis. What kind of case do you have?

It's not only the fan that affects the temp on your card, good airflow in your case goes a long way in cooling those components. Also, is the card overclocked? You may have to back down a bit.

The flickering might be the card getting too hot and throttling itself.
 
I realized what it was. not only is my room the hottest in the house, but the AC was switched to off. My room was almost to 90F. got it cooled way down in here now, its running fine.

Oops! lol.

Card is at 44c.
 
90F? WTF, how can you play let alone live in such conditions.\

What map were you playin in bf2 btw
 
I know man, I figured it was since my room is so small, and there were two of us running our rigs in here.

I thinnnk I was either playing Dragon Valley or Dalian Plant.
 
Back
Top