• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA 980 Ti AIO Installed

st4rk

Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
Messages
1,013
Been waiting for this to get in stock. I got it in the mail yesterday but could only find Imperial hex tools in my house. Had to wait until the next day to pic up a set of Metric hex tools since some of the screws on the Reference assembly are 1.5mm.

Anyways, install was incredibly easy. If you switch to this you won't have that cool illuminated Geforce thing anymore :(

Before, I was hitting about 83-85c depending on the game. Furmark hit 85c easily after a few minutes. My Crucial MX200 is directly below the 980ti, it was hovering around 44c during Furmark tests.

Now the 980ti hits 41c in Furmark and the Crucial looks to be much cooler now (according to Corsair Link). I'm actually really surprised the Crucial is so much cooler just because I switched to AIO on the 980ti. I was never bothered that it hit 44c, but this is an interesting "surprise".

All in all it is a pretty good upgrade I'd say. My case is even more silent now.

bench.PNG

DSC_0002.png

DSC_0003.png

DSC_0006.png
 
looks pretty sweet.
I noticed you don't have a backplate and that the name is not lit up. Is there no LED for the name of the card?
 
looks pretty sweet.
I noticed you don't have a backplate and that the name is not lit up. Is there no LED for the name of the card?

No LED since this kit uses a different cover.

I could get a back plate, I just haven't gotten around to it.
 
After seeing your setup, I went to look at the eVGA AIO coolers, unfortunately I have an ACX2.0 card which isn't compatible.
carbide-inside-on.jpg
 
After seeing your setup, I went to look at the eVGA AIO coolers, unfortunately I have an ACX2.0 card which isn't compatible.

I noticed your fans are running. I have the same case and the front fans were so loud I turned them off in the bios.

Now they only spin up if case temp hits 50c (set in the BIOS). But I've never seen it get that high, so they basically never turn on now.
 
I actually have all 3 stock case fans running, I had to move the rear one to the top since my AIO cooler with both fans didn't clear the mobo or the ram when trying to mount it to the top.

The fans run at 800-900rpm so they aren't loud at all to me, and I do have a portable AC unit in the garage which is running in fan mode and that drowns out the noise of any of the fans in the PC when they do happen to ramp up.

I guess I could turn them off and only come on at certain temps like yours to save wear and tear on the fans and lower the amount of dust hitting the filter.

shot showing the complete insides,
carbide-inside-off.jpg
 
Back
Top