eVGA 8800GTX 768MB PCI-Express $482 After $30 Rebate

I'm sure other people have had different experiences than me, but I'd just like to say that I'm pretty dissatisfied with EVGA's RMA service. Long story short, my original 680i SLi motherboard died on June 17th and as of July 3rd I'm still without a working motherboard. Given that I emailed EVGA today only to be told that their RMA department is closed, it looks like its going to be a month turn around to actually get a working part. Granted that July 4th is coming up, but hey if I'll be darned if I can get trash pickup and not customer service. This is made worse by the fact that I paid extra for EVGA's "Advanced" RMA service.

My last video card was BFG Tech, and while it did eventually die on me after 2.5 years, I can tell you I didn't have any issues with their RMA service and better yet I didn't even need to pay them to take care of me. I went with EVGA this time around because their card was cheaper but boy do I regret that now. Whatever money I saved on getting the cheaper card I've already lost thanks to purchasing return shipping/advanced RMA service. Not to mention that by the time I actually have a working motherboard to stick my quad core in, the price will have dropped $200.

Now onto the good side -- they answer your emails really fast. It's still a shame though that they can't get a good working part into my hands in a timely fashion even though I only live about 20 miles away from their HQ.

Once again, your mileage may vary but these are my experiences with EVGA.

I'm sure other people have had different experiences than me, but I'd just like to say that I'm pretty dissatisfied with EVGA's RMA service. Long story short, my original 680i SLi motherboard died on June 17th and as of July 3rd I'm still without a working motherboard. Given that I emailed EVGA today only to be told that their RMA department is closed, it looks like its going to be a month turn around to actually get a working part. Granted that July 4th is coming up, but hey if I'll be darned if I can get trash pickup and not customer service. This is made worse by the fact that I paid extra for EVGA's "Advanced" RMA service.

My last video card was BFG Tech, and while it did eventually die on me after 2.5 years, I can tell you I didn't have any issues with their RMA service and better yet I didn't even need to pay them to take care of me. I went with EVGA this time around because their card was cheaper but boy do I regret that now. Whatever money I saved on getting the cheaper card I've already lost thanks to purchasing return shipping/advanced RMA service. Not to mention that by the time I actually have a working motherboard to stick my quad core in, the price will have dropped $200.

Now onto the good side -- they answer your emails really fast. It's still a shame though that they can't get a good working part into my hands in a timely fashion even though I only live about 20 miles away from their HQ.

Don't email them... CALL. You'll get a much much faster response and better service by calling. Their support dept. is open 24/7 (except for holidays) so there's no excuse for not calling them to setup a RMA. When I blew up one of my 680i boards, I setup the RMA Monday morning (advanced w/ 2 day shipping) and had my new board Wednesday night, and I'm clear across the country.

If you're only 20 miles away from their HQ, why not arrange a swap (if they'd do that) or just send it via USPS. You'd have a new board in two days

I'd drive there, harder to not take care of a customer sitting in your office.

can the coupon combined with the $30 back by signing up for the buy.com credit card?

I'd drive there, harder to not take care of a customer sitting in your office.

And if you find out the HQ is not where their customer service reps are located?

Easier to call first and see if you can bring it to them.

The HQ is where the customer center reps are or at least where the goods are at because dead products are received -- and sent -- from there. But they've already said that they can't do walk ins, both dropping off or picking up. Now you are beginning to see my frustrations, no?

Besides, I think it'd be pretty horrible if every customer with a problem had to have access to EVGA's HQ in order to get things resolved (trying to use neutral language here).

That aside, I can understand why they have that policy. It's probably better for both parties involved that EVGA doesn't do walk ins. I for one would feel like chucking the dead motherboard through some poor employee's car if the trip was unproductive. And I've avoided typing in all caps in all of my posts so far.

What I can't understand is why it is almost certain it's going to take over a week to approve the RMA, fill out a few forms, stick a box from inventory, and leave it for the UPS guy to pick up. After all no law of physics prevents you from shipping out an RMA the day you approve it, especially if you know there's a holiday coming up and your department is going to be closed ahead of that holiday for some reason. And if the shipping something out the same day is untenable (which I personally feel is the case), finding that 15 minutes over the next two business days isn't asking much.

I bought this lst time they had the 7% off, The card has been great. runs all my games with ease. Well worth the price.

I RMA'ed my video card a few weeks back and it was a breeze. Just did the online RMA service (asked for RMA number on Thurs night and got a RMA number Friday afternoon) and got a new card within a few days of me sending my old one. They even sent me a slightly better (2d settings that throttled better) 7600gt with a sexy new black sticker :D

Yea i was thinking since there offices in Brea were close by it'd be cool to stop by but since its so close it also probably help the shipping come quicker

EVGA is quite a good company imo

TEMPTING.....

I was waiting for 7/22 to buy my E6600 and 8800GTX....

Wonder if it will be cheaper by then?

(worried)

Are there going to be significant price drops anytime soon or should I be jumping on this deal???

Please dont be discouraged, they closed the RMA dept. due to quarterly maintenence and they were unable to help anyone for the last few days. They should be shipping out all of the delayed RMAs this thursday and friday. Its usually a 1 day transit time for anyone in southern california. Please PM me your contact & RMA information so that i can have someone personally handle your situation.

Lol. You guys are always pretty quick, but I guess that's what they pay you for... Also, great price, too bad its buy.com.

Are there going to be significant price drops anytime soon or should I be jumping on this deal???

I have no clue if it will drop further. I'd jump if I didn't already have one. Or if I had an SLI board. It's worth it.

Jump if you want it now, otherwise wait. Price will flucate up shortly after this, but will come down again eventually.

kinda odd to think people buy cars for this price haha yeash

Back