eVGA 8800GTs = nowhere to be found?

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
Yeesh, is it just me, or is finding an evga 8800GT becoming an extreme hassle?

I've passed up on the $200 MSI 8800GT, 230~ XFX 8800GT and I see a XFX 8800GT from TigerDirect in stock right now (which will be gone soon i bet..) and yet have seen an eVGA, no matter what form of OC at all for the past week!

newegg: OOS

Dell: OOS but XFX is there..

mwave: OOS

clubit: OOS

tigerdirect: OOS

chiefvalue: OOS

ncixus: OOS

eBay: Plenty, but going for upwards of 300-400+

I mean, I love eVGA and all, but this is getting to be somewhat of a hassle when I see XFX/MSI/PNY 8800GT's from time to time and no sight of any eVGA cards.

Btw, only reason why I want an eVGA is due to their excellent CS, communication, and step-up program.

Anyone spotted them recently? or have a rough idea of whether they are going to be more plentiful in stock?

I'm also holding out for an eVGA card. I'm in a middle of a build and the graphics card is the last thing I currently need. :(

I really hope the rumor that a large shipment is due early December is true, I would really like to complete this build soon.

Maybe someone from eVGA can help me out with some information. ;)

Seriously I've posted several times to a lot of people that have asked. xpcgear.com says they are guaranteed to have them in stock. I got mine in 2 days.

i got mine directly from EVGA, order 11/09/07(was a thurs) shipped the following monday.

Best bet if u can is get it from evga directly. If not just wait and hopefully they will get back in stock.

I strongly suggest, that if you cant find one in stock anywhere that you order directly from EVGA considering that they will probably get new stocks of cards faster than any retailer, thats what i did.

I got one from TigerDirect 2 days ago, maybe 3. Haven't looked back since but it was listed as "In Stock"

EVGA superclocked edition, was 247 iirc.

EDIT: Nevermind, just went and checked... not even listed now. Good luck man.

I strong suggest AGAINST buying from ebay since if its not an actual store that gives you a receipt and an invoice... you wont get a warranty. If its a peer to peer sort of sale, you will be stuck with no warranty and no stepup. Just know that guys.

Quick question, how are most of you that are getting them.. actually getting them?

I would love to buy from evga.com, except you have to really be there at the right place, and at the right time seeing as how you cannot order from them if they're currently on backorder..

Does xpcgear get it in that often that makes it worth while to pre order?

Thanks Russian for the help.

If you go right now to xpcgear.com and want the eVGA 8800GT SuperClocked edition for $284.99, it is in stock. I don't know why a lot of them say pre-order, if you look down a little further it says that they are in stock now.

http://www.xpcgear.com/512p3n802ar.html

I got mine from Newegg. I had requested to be notified when they were back in stock and I was able to snag one before they went out of stock. That wasn't the cheapest way to go, but I only ended up paying $40 since I sold my old card for $250. :D

If you go right now to xpcgear.com and want the eVGA 8800GT SuperClocked edition for $284.99, it is in stock. I don't know why a lot of them say pre-order, if you look down a little further it says that they are in stock now.

http://www.xpcgear.com/512p3n802ar.html

Been trying for the past couple mins.. and unless they just sold out, they look to be on preorder..

eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 650MHz 512-P3-N802-AR nVidia GeForce PCI-Express X16 Video Card with SLi, HDCP, Dual DVI, HDTV, TV-Out, DirectX 10.0, Shader Model 4.0: 512-P3-N802-AR (Retail) (Pre-Order Now!)

You can probably buy a 8800GTS and immediately trade for a 8800GT if you are desperate.

Why not just get the XFX from the Dell link? All the boards basically come off of one of two assembly lines, neither owned or controlled by either eVGA, BFG, or XFX. Similar to evga, XFX also has a lifetime.

Why not just get the XFX from the Dell link? They all come off the same assembly line.

I know that most of the 8800gt's are manufactured pretty much in the same way, using the standard reference design, but the reason why I want eVGA is for the Step Up Program. If anything better comes out in 90 days or so, I'll be able to step up to it since my ip35 pro mobo doesn't like SLI/xFire that much and I want to maintain the best value for a single card solution I can. Step up just seems like an easy way to help out in that aspect. Plus, their CS is great.

Been trying for the past couple mins.. and unless they just sold out, they look to be on preorder..

eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 650MHz 512-P3-N802-AR nVidia GeForce PCI-Express X16 Video Card with SLi, HDCP, Dual DVI, HDTV, TV-Out, DirectX 10.0, Shader Model 4.0: 512-P3-N802-AR (Retail) (Pre-Order Now!)

If you go to the link I posted above, scroll down to the box where it says "Buy Now." Now scroll down just a tiny bit further and you will see the exact same message that you posted above except it says "In Stock Now! Limited Quantities Available!"

Online? Have fun finding one right now.

Have you checked locally? When I went to order a Q6600 locally there were a few of the Superclocked ones I think it was (not positive... I just remember the EVGA box art and 8800GT), couple BFG 8800GT OCs and 1 OC2 then there was another brand I don't remember. Didn't recognize it... Galaxy or something.

That said I'm up in Ontario Canada eh... I don't know what the deal is with you US folks but try leavin' the house and searchin'.

I have one I'll sell at $315 shipped (which would return to me the price I paid for it).

So they're not OOS everywhere ;)

If you go to the link I posted above, scroll down to the box where it says "Buy Now." Now scroll down just a tiny bit further and you will see the exact same message that you posted above except it says "In Stock Now! Limited Quantities Available!"

Yeah I saw the message, and tried to check out, except the item in the cart always stayed as a Pre order, unfortunately..

Ugh, hmm.. their "In stock" thing says they're accurate up to 1 hr.. and their actual website posts that it's a "Special Order
This product is available but currently we do not have stock - order it today and we will ship when it's available.
ETA: 11/30/2007 "

I just hate being billed for a Special order/Pre order with no assurance that the card is coming at X date.. Sorry if I am being difficult about this, just something I don't like doing when buying products online since I've been burned before once, and the product took 2 weeks to actually arrive, and other deals happened when I was already commited on a special order.

You should just call the company and ask quickly.

I would, already thought about that.. Xpc & Ncix don't open their phone lines for another hr and a half @ 930am. I would take a bet that those stock counters aren't up to date since it looks like they're still on special order all the way through transaction.

Where the f**k are you its 11AM already!!! Damn crazy west siders.

High demand item, everyone wants one. It's not surprising to see this demand, since it gives you great performance at what was *supposed* to be a reasonable price.

Just be patient until after the holiday season. You should see prices plummet to what they were supposed to be selling at prior to this crazy demand.

Where the f**k are you its 11AM already!!! Damn crazy west siders.

Seattle, WA. Haha.

NCIX & xpc and most retailers are based out in west coast.. so kinda outta luck for a few hours at least for phone contact :)

High demand item, everyone wants one. It's not surprising to see this demand, since it gives you great performance at what was *supposed* to be a reasonable price.

Just be patient until after the holiday season. You should see prices plummet to what they were supposed to be selling at prior to this crazy demand.

I agree there on the whole low supply, high demand thing.

I just have a feeling this demand is going to carry pretty much all the way through till the new 8800gts debut, and still will be relatively high in demand due to its price point of being cheaper than the other gts.

In any case, this is also a half-birthday gift (birthday gift was on turkey day) from my girlfriend and i've been trying to land one for a couple days before the near christmas time since my 7800gt is really starting to show its age in my main rig.

This thread wasn't created on the intention of complaining that all 8800gt's are rediculously out of stock everywhere, but trying to see whether people have seen any eVGA ones in particular, since I've had little luck as its the specific manufacturor I had in mind.

After some thought.. (and newegg had them back in stock..)

I ended up going with the 8800GTS SSC 640mb over the 8800GT due to the fact that I simply want an evga, and their prices are almost nearing the 8800GTS 112SP marker anyway.

Plus, I am running 1920 x 1080 res, and the larger memory interface, bigger memory size and the better cooler on it, justifies the extra 20-30 or so from the 8800GT. (comparing 339 After rebate vs 300-320 i'd pay for an 8800GT).

I have to admit though, if I didn't want an evga card, i'd be all over the previous XFX/MSI deals, but I have a feeling I can't go wrong with eVGA and their CS/step up programs

can someone confirm that buying from XPC will actually ship and not just make you wait until they get them in stock? (according to the preorder thingy there)

evga 8800 gt is now available on egg, just checked. order quick, i just ordered one myself.

hahah, oh man.

Go figure, after I order the eVGA 8800GTS 112SP SSC and its shipped.. the 8800GT's come back in stock. :D

It's all good though.. After rebate, i only paid 339 for it, which is 30 bucks more than the 8800GT KO I would've gotten.

Plus.. I think the double slot cooler, and higher memory bus/size will help for my rig at that high res. :)

Game on evga!

The eVGA 8800GTs are actually all in stock at newegg (besides the SSC model). If you search 8800gt (and multiple ones are listed) it shows them OOS but as soon as you click on a specific one, there are magically in stock! I just got mine! So grab them while they are there.

I jumped, the step up program is nice if something comes out soon so im covered.

Brand loyalty will always cost you in the end. Never made any sense to me and never will. If you dont plan on using the step up program theres really no reason to hold out for an EVGA when XFX will do just fine.

Brand loyalty will always cost you in the end. Never made any sense to me and never will. If you dont plan on using the step up program theres really no reason to hold out for an EVGA when XFX will do just fine.

True, but there are some companies I won't touch, such as PNY, BFG, Pallit.. they just scream cheap to me... most likely because I've either seen them at best buy or mainly european/less known

This is a true statement but for me at least it had nothing to do with brand loyalty; my current card is BFG and I have had it since BFG Tech was king of Companies out there with their lifetime warranty, but now companies like XFX and Evga have surpassed BFG in service and in their products

XFX would have been my second choice but if when this new speculated card comes rolling out, and if I deem it a plausible and worthy upgrade, it will be much easier for me to step up and pay a small amount rather than resell any current card either here or eBay.

With the quality of companies out now each one as that little something extra that applies to each customer whether they are looking for resell value with XFX’s double lifetime warranty or the step up program with Evga

True, but there are some companies I won't touch, such as PNY, BFG, Pallit.. they just scream cheap to me... most likely because I've either seen them at best buy or mainly european/less known

Seem cheap? You wont buy from a company because of that?

BFG is great they are one of the big 3 with a lifetime warranty. PNY has one of the weakest/vaguest warranties on the nvidia side and pallit i just dont know.

Back