eVGA 8800GT superclocked instock at Dell...hoorah...

i don't think many ppl will be eager to order from dell, anymore. give it another year until ppl forget and they will have another sale where you can buy your computer an imaginary friend :rolleyes:

Read the MSI 8800gt on dell post... As you'll see, most do not ever see this card. I suggest you read up on this subject in the previously mentioned post.

Read the MSI 8800gt on dell post... As you'll see, most do not ever see this card. I suggest you read up on this subject in the previously mentioned post.

Oh I've read about it plenty. I ordered my XFX card on November 26th. It's the same thing the MSI people were running into. Some shipped...others didn't.
Thing is, from the beginning there was a "1 to 2 week" shipping delay. THe problems came up when, after the 2 weeks, there was ANOTHER shipping delay..then ANOTHER.
Whereas, this eVGA card shows "ships within 24 hours". So I'm hoping that it actually does. This is my last shot in the dark with Dell. If this order doesn't ship or if I get another delay notice, then I'm through with them.

Out of curiousity, why even bother with this one? It's the exact same price as NewEgg, and I'm sure that the 'Egg will get it in stock again soon.

I guess if people didn't have money and wanted to use dell's credit program, it could be an easy way to pick up a card. However, it should be noted that this card that dell is selling is still 10 bux over the MSRP directly from eVGA.
I'm going to step up to the 8800GTS 512mb shortly after getting this card anyway...w00t

Dell isn't bad. Everyone just ordered something that clearly stated it wouldn't ship immediately and then they cried when it didn't.

True, but there's a difference between "will ship late December", and "will ship in March". ;) The former is reasonable, the latter isn't, and that's what looks like will happen for the people that ordered the cheap MSI. I'm glad I didn't jump on that one.

Dell isn't bad. Everyone just ordered something that clearly stated it wouldn't ship immediately and then they cried when it didn't.

What about all of those that had their orders canceled, every thought they called Dell and specifically said NOT to cancel their orders? That is UNACCEPTABLE!

why couldn't they just post on there site that they didnt have any in stock,why mislead them. I totally understand people hating on Dell.

i don't think many ppl will be eager to order from dell, anymore. give it another year until ppl forget and they will have another sale where you can buy your computer an imaginary friend :rolleyes:

If dell has another one of those deals, guaranteed these people will jump on it in a heartbeat. Not because they didn't learn, but because people just can't pass up on a good deal. They will try knowing they might not get it.

And this is not a deal. Price is retail, and dell charges tax in most states now.

the problem is that they're not shipping any, at all. every order that was placed for that card will be canceled by dell, and that is from several reps that i've spoken with.

why even bother with this? newegg and evga have this card you can order from. No need to deal with a dell fiasco? Not hot at all.

Hey! If anyone is curious about the "in stock" status of this product from Dell, I ordered mine this morning, and it already shows "shipped" with a delivery date of TOMORROW. Good luck to me in getting it delivered on Christmas when DHL is most likely closed. But anyway...pretty awesome.

Was able to get Dell to switch my MSI card ive been waiting on to this card for an extra $20. Definately worth it IMO.

Was able to get Dell to switch my MSI card ive been waiting on to this card for an extra $20. Definately worth it IMO.

I personally think it's worth it just to be eVGA so I can step up to the 8800GTS 512mb in 89 days...hehe

When you say "everyone" you must be talking about me...

No Dweeb...I'm not mad about their NON-IMMEDIATE shipping...I'm upset about the "supposed" 20% off from PayPal which made this a good deal to begin with...then of course, Dell mishandled their ordering and left MOST peeps holding the bag with a 'mediocre' deal at best....then they STILL couldn't ship those on time...My order was delayed twice, until I finally canceled....

If you read the end of those threads...you'll see that people are STILL not getting their orders....

Bah, "dell isn't bad"...Dell is HORRIBLE and can KISS MY ASS

Amen brother! Testify! My experience is the SAME as yours. Here's another ASS DELL can put their lips on.

When you say "everyone" you must be talking about me...

No Dweeb...I'm not mad about their NON-IMMEDIATE shipping...I'm upset about the "supposed" 20% off from PayPal which made this a good deal to begin with...then of course, Dell mishandled their ordering and left MOST peeps holding the bag with a 'mediocre' deal at best....then they STILL couldn't ship those on time...My order was delayed twice, until I finally canceled....

If you read the end of those threads...you'll see that people are STILL not getting their orders....

Bah, "dell isn't bad"...Dell is HORRIBLE and can KISS MY ASS

Dell Canceled on me on Thrusday... now My WIFE was the one to order the XFX (not even the MSI) so here I was Thursday Night Scrambling to find a Card for Xmas.

Newegg has probebly the best shipping in the world!

I'm now admiring my new Alphadog XFX 8800gt ... heck havn't even put it in yet... just like Looking at it now that I have it in hand after over a month of waiting... should stuck with newegg to begin with... deals arn't always the best.. but at least they ship!!!

Axe

So you guys ended up ordering 8800gt for almost $300 while Fry's was selling new 8800GTS 512mb for $299...

Sorry but LOL.

Completely inaccurate. I ordered this on 11/27, on that day it said "in stock" and stated that the order would ship within 1-2 business days. I even called Dell to make sure. They verified that it was in fact in stock and it would ship out within 1-2 business days. Sorry, Dell is bad. I am a certified DCSE technician for Dell and I can verify that their service and support has exponentially gotten worse in the last 3 years. It started once they pushed all of their technical support to India for the last 35% and laid off a lot of Dell support techs.

Sorry, Dell is bad. I am a certified DCSE technician for Dell and I can verify that their service and support has exponentially gotten worse in the last 3 years. It started once they pushed all of their technical support to India for the last 35% and laid off a lot of Dell support techs.

Microsoft did the same... pushing support to India I knew the end was arriving when India received Windows2000 server support despite our department exceeding quality expectations. I found another place to work in the computer world which has actually provided better money and side benefits, but it took me searching and interviewing places for 2hours every day lasting 5 months.

Microsoft did the same... pushing support to India I knew the end was arriving when India received Windows2000 server support despite our department exceeding quality expectations. I found another place to work in the computer world which has actually provided better money and side benefits, but it took me searching and interviewing places for 2hours every day lasting 5 months.

I've talked to a lot of Dell rep's that have said they are at the end of their rope with their job. One guy actually said, "sir, it sucks to work for a company that makes you talk to people pissed that the company doesn't do what they say they will. and then to not be able to help those people, call after call after call. I'm ready to start looking for another job." I was amazed. Especially considering Dell states that they record their calls for "quality purposes". Did you have the same types of issues where you worked?

Back