EVGA 8800GT SSC 512mb IN STOCK @ EVGA.com $299.99 + ship

Got my tracking information and it is en route, delivery on Friday to my East Coast (PA) residence.

Happy dance! Mine is in the loving hands of UPS and should be here on Friday!

The new motherboard should be arriving from the Egg the same day. Now I don't have to try to cram this beauty into my AGP slot...

:D

Happy dance! Mine is in the loving hands of UPS and should be here on Friday!

The new motherboard should be arriving from the Egg the same day. Now I don't have to try to cram this beauty into my AGP slot...

:D

um yeah, please DON'T try that. :D;)

Mega Dittos!

Mine has shipped and will be here Thursday!

ET: Quake Wars looks pretty fun too, judging from the online reviews.

--PB

sweet, mine shipped this morning,
my wake up call was from ups saying someone over 21 had to be
home to sign for it :)

Over 21? WTF? 18 is legal majority. At 18 you can consent, have a credit card, own property, go to jail for your felonies, and die for The Man in unjust wars, but you can't sign for a UPS package?

shiiiiyat. I wonder if the UPS drivers actually card people

I got 4 e-mails yesterday from Ariana Triajo @ evga.
1st one said my card shipped.
2nd one was to recall the 1st one.
3rd e-mail was to ask if the address was correct.
4th e-mail was to recall the 3rd e-mail.

What a tease!

Oh well back on the waiting game.

Edit/Update!

Gave in and called their sales. Looks like they were backordered and now they will get a shipment in tomorrow. Yea!

I received mine today and it looks like it is the small stock cooler. I was thinking it would come with the updated larger cooler.

That's a bummer.

Getting mine tomorrow.

Anybody know how to tell if these at least have the updated BIOS that ups the fan speed?

I received mine today and it looks like it is the small stock cooler. I was thinking it would come with the updated larger cooler.

Bummer.
I've been reading over at EVGA's forums and some of the early orders had the small cooler.
Some of the later orders have the bigger newer one. Also newer bios's.

Mine still hasn't shipped.
bleh.

Can you update the card to a newer BIOS? How difficult is that?

I'm worried now... my tracking shows it as scheduled for delivery today, but it hasn't updated in 3 days and is still "in transit to" rather than "on truck for delivery"! Another weekend without the card?

-- As for cooling... I've got a Zalman vf 900-cu ready to go :)

I got mine and haven't opened it yet. I am going to place a call to see if these can be traded up with the larger fans and bios.

The tech guy I talked to said that all cards shipped should have the updated bios.....however some of them do have the smaller fans. He said since they are all the same card you cannot get a replacement. He said if there were issues with the card overheating then to simply RMA it for a replacement.

i ordered mine on the 8th
it shipped on the 11th and arrived on the 12th

i have the smaller fan :(
but i think i will keep this for about 75 days then
use the step up program for whatever is out, hopefully
the next gtx

dumb fucking ups i called yesterday to tell them to hold package before the 1st atttempt. what do they do but they friggen go and try to deliver it today!!:mad::mad:

better be back at teh depot so i can pick it up tonight still :mad:

i ordered mine on the 8th
it shipped on the 11th and arrived on the 12th

i have the smaller fan :(
but i think i will keep this for about 75 days then
use the step up program for whatever is out, hopefully
the next gtx

Did you order 1 or 2?
I ordered mine on the 7th.
Shipped on the 13th.
Will get it on the 17th!!!
It's ok as long as I get the newer fans.
Sigh.
Then yes 3 months down the road I will upgrade to the new whatever fangeld thing is out.

Bleagh I'll be out of town tomorrow but according to UPS my package was supposed to be delivered today. It still says on time... never heard of a delivery after 10PM! Have to wait until Monday now - boo!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/14/2007.
MyTown, USA 12/14/2007 8:23 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CERRITOS, CA, US 12/11/2007 5:09 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

finally got mine after 3rd stop at ups today

they were supposed to hold for pickup

anyways i have the newest bios and also newest drivers i am loading games on the new box and will be ready to rock and roll soon!

finally got mine after 3rd stop at ups today

they were supposed to hold for pickup

anyways i have the newest bios and also newest drivers i am loading games on the new box and will be ready to rock and roll soon!

Newer fan?

When did they start adding the new fan and is there any way to know you have the new fan without opening the package? Like does it state the new fan in the box? If you have the old fan and you have the card but you did not open the box, is there any way to return it in exchange for the newer fan?

When did they start adding the new fan and is there any way to know you have the new fan without opening the package? Like does it state the new fan in the box? If you have the old fan and you have the card but you did not open the box, is there any way to return it in exchange for the newer fan?

no, no, and no.

I'm really starting to get pissed off now.

1) I unchecked the option to require adult signature
2) The original delivery date of 12/14 was simply missed without explanation
3) After an attempted delivery yesterday (12/17) I got a sticker saying adult signature needed (and package must be handed to adult) with redelivery attempt after 5PM today (12/18)
4) they try to deliver at 3:40PM instead and i'm not there and delivery is postponed another day

Suckage.
I think they ship with adult signature no matter if you pay for it or not.
I got my pair last night and it required adult signature.
Didn't open them yet but will when I get home to check the Fan size.
Keep you guys posted.

i am dissapointed, I ordered early on this hot deal only to find out TODAY, that my order didn't go through and will be "BACKORDERED" for 2-3 weeks. And i only found this out because I had called to check my shipping, and nothing.

Finally got it today... UPS got here just after 5PM. Looks like a 65mm fan... super loud for a moment when you turn on the computer (or for a minute while you figure out you have to keep your monitors hooked up to the onboard video to get into the BIOS...) but then relatively quiet. Was 60C at first but climbed to 81C in 3DMark06 - the fan starts getting audible around 73-75C and gets louder with each degree! But it hasn't been obnoxiously loud. I'll have to really heat it up with a game... and then break out the Zalman VF 900-cu and hope it fits.

Back