eVGA 8800 GT OCing?

Karant

Gawd
Lian-Li V1000B-Plus II
Enermax Liberty 620W
ASUS Maximus Formula
Intel e8400 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (and 120MM Scythe)
eVGA GeForce 8800 GT w/ Thermalruight HR-03 GT (and 92MM Scythe)
4x1024MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
160GB Western-Digital 16MB SATA2
DVD-R/W

Hi everybody at [H]! I had just ordered my new rig, and anticipating on building this machine sometime later this week. However, I am curious as to how easy it will be for me to overclock the 8800 GT to 8800 GT OC clocks, (+100 MHz, +200 MHz). Has anyone had any experience with this card and/or cooler? Thanks!

You really shouldn't have too much hassle overclocking it. Even with the stock cooler, you have the potential to reach SCC speeds without issue. Its really down to how lucky you get with your card as not all of them will overclock the same amount. This is one reason why I decided to just step-up my GT to a GTS when my step-up ended. My 8800GT SC doesn't like having the memory pushed to 2GHz and I'm hoping the GTS will do better.

Have fun building your rig and have more fun fraggin'!

Mine does 721/1802/1003(x2) with a passive Accelero S1 and doesn't ever break 60c :)

Hi everybody at [H]! I had just ordered my new rig, and anticipating on building this machine sometime later this week. However, I am curious as to how easy it will be for me to overclock the 8800 GT to 8800 GT OC clocks, (+100 MHz, +200 MHz). Has anyone had any experience with this card and/or cooler? Thanks!

Every videocard is different. There are some 8800GTs that don't overclock 5MHz. There are some that overclock 250MHz. There's nothing we can really tell you. I don't know why these threads keep popping up where people post a list of hardware and then ask how much or how easily they will be able to overclock something when the provided information has really no relevance. I've owned 4 8800GTs by now and they were all different. Two of them could do over 1050 memory. One couldn't even do 950 memory. They were all pretty much the same price. The same applies to the GTS.

Back