Evga 7900GT Problems

Carnage311

Limp Gawd
I had two Evga 7900GT Superclocked cards and for the most part they were good cards for me. The original ones I got had to be rma'd and they sent me two new cards (They were not the reloaded/revised 7900GT's). Well lately, depending on the game and how long I am playing, it will start to artifact (I sold my second 7900GT). If I run the card at stock 7900GT speeds it is fine, but as soon as I start to run it at the factory clock speeds the card will start to artifact. So my question is if I call Evga and rma this card, what card will they send me to replace it? I don't want to rma this card and get something that is worse, because if that is the case I will just keep the card down clocked and use it until it dies on me for good. They don't sell 7900GT's anymore and they don't even have them listed on their website either. I'm sure they would probably send me a 7950 or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone else has already had this problem or would happen to know what the replacement card would be.

From reading some other threads, they apparently send you the same card but refurbished. That's why I didn't bother to RMA my 6600GT, I said screw it and got a newer series card. Imo it's not worth it, at least not for my particular situation.

If they dont have that card nor a refurb(which still carries a lifetime warranty). They will only send you a better card, and a 7950gt Ko is not better than what you had so they would probably send you an 8800GTS 320MB...

Just RMA'd one of my evga 7900gt's and they sent me the 7900GTO (7900GTX lower ram speeds) w/ big heatsink and all! Not sure if they're still sending out 7950's anymore.

Well, if that is true, then I might luck out and get an 8800GTS 320mb card. Because nothing they send me is going to be as fast or faster, unless they send me the same card, or a 7900GTX, 8800GTS/GTX. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Ya that's what I'd do too. You never know till you ask!

What's the worst that they'll say? "Oh we'll send you the exact same thing since we have it!" Zomg a working card of the same flavor!!!! LOL.

Gl with the RMA :D

Back