eVga 7900 GTO for $250

nicepun said:
Because if they no longer feel like dealing with two they can just sell one and keep the other. Isn't two of these in SLi faster than a 7900GX2 or 7950GX2??
oui oui :D

Seems like a good deal.

No HDCP... This isn't important till Vista anyway, no? How many will get Vista immediately?

thabub said:
I just bought one from mwave, only $10 for 2nd day air fedex shipping. Thanks should be a good upgrade from my 7800gt. :cool:

Wow...exact same situation here (replacing my 7800gt)...except 2nd day air was only $7.53 ;)

Sapphire9800 said:
i dont get it why people are buying 2 of these, you might as well just buy a 7900gx2 same price as buying 2 of these cards...maybe im wrong?

Because GTOs will clock higher and thus be faster? Also much easier to cool so you can feed them more volts without having them overheat.

a lot of people are just jumping the gun....

This is like the regular going price for these.... or it's going to be the regular going price for these. MSRP is only $300

so 7950gt is 300ish
550/ 1400 crappy heatsink
7900gto is 250ish
650/1320 really good heatsink.

now i wish they just came out with a x1900xt
clocked at like 600/1300
for liek 250 then all will be good for me
:D

The one thing about ATI is there power consumption. They tend to get much hotter and there heatsinks are terrible... well at least the least costly of the 1900's

guys these are on GTX pcb, hence the gtx cooler. they are not 7950gts because those have proprietary pcbs.

according to eVGA forum mods these have 1.2ns or 1.1ns samsung ram

Again OOS. Selling like crazy. I got my two shipped out. Will install em when they arrive tomorrow.

wonder if i should try to sell my 7900gt ko w/nv5 cooler on ebay for 200 and try to pick this up?? think its worth it? i havent even got to build this system yet so i havent really played with it.

hypertek said:
wonder if i should try to sell my 7900gt ko w/nv5 cooler on ebay for 200 and try to pick this up?? think its worth it? i havent even got to build this system yet so i havent really played with it.

If you do that, you'll never finish your system...

As I said earlier, This is the regular going price for these... no need to JUMP the gun. TG has it for $259 with $30 rebate.

Got mine from MWAVE and I can confirm 1.1ns, at least for this one.

1001394lj4.jpg

This is the EVGA 7900GTO from mwave. I think all 7900GTOs have 1.1ns!

Ok I'm confused. I'm hearing that some can flash to the 7900GTX and others can't because some have 1.2 ns and others have 1.1ns.... is this true?

Recieved mine from ZZF. Got 1.1ns memory, easy overclocked to 800 on memory but only 674 on core. Going to bio flash to GTX and see what happens.

edit. Added AS on core and up to 678. Think i'm going to let it cure and see what the max core will be before i flash.

Can you volt mod these things like the 7900GT's. My VMod transformed my 7900GT into a beast...this actually has lower stock clocks than mine. How much headroom is left to OC(assuming adequate cooling.)

My eVGA just shipped from Mwave...will be in my hands wednesday :D

Should be a good bump from my 7800GT.

nicepun said:

change from original post: image deleted.

how can you tell what speed the memory is? I am getting mine tomorrow.

Liver said:
change from original post: image deleted.

how can you tell what speed the memory is? I am getting mine tomorrow.

Do you see right underneath the 610, where it says BJ11 that means 1.1NS and BJ12 would be 1.2NS.

Here I am waiting on DX10 cards before I upgrade from my old 6600GT and a lot of guys here are jumping all over this when they already have 7800GT's and such. :eek:

Roberty said:
Here I am waiting on DX10 cards before I upgrade from my old 6600GT and a lot of guys here are jumping all over this when they already have 7800GT's and such. :eek:

you still can't max out new games with 7800GT....esp with 1600x1200.....
It's sad really.

nicepun said:
Do you see right underneath the 610, where it says BJ11 that means 1.1NS and BJ12 would be 1.2NS.

Yup! I see it. I will post once I get my card from FedEx.

So what is the memory you want? 1.1, 1.2?

I am almost positive you want the 1.1, it is faster.

Liver said:
Yup! I see it. I will post once I get my card from FedEx.

I am almost positive you want the 1.1, it is faster.

YES, 1.1ns is what you want.

10q!

Hopefully that's what I'll get. IS there a huge difference between them?

Weird, I got mine from ZZF yesterday and the box has 7900GTO on the front but the sides and top say 7900GTX. I wonder if this is intentional or marketing over at eVGA was just lazy/drunk/incompetent? :confused:

They are all simply GTX cards that did not make the grade. So, they will be in 7900GTX boxes that are remarked. Similar to the 6800 LE which was actually 6800 Ultra card. So, I would expect 1.1ns memory. Also, if you check out the specs for the 7900 GTX, it also indicates 1.2 ns memory.

Just got mine from Newegg. It is in a GTX box... Only that the GTS is covered by a sticker that says GTO....

I have a VERY strong feeling that these are just GTX cards flashed with a lower bios, lowered price to possibly move inventory FAST. Heck they didn't even bother printing new boxes for these.

Oh well, not gonna complain cuz this kicks arse.

I'm having such a problem right now not doing an upgrade...i think i'm going to crack if newegg has a big sale on DFI mobo's.

nicepun said:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8995/1001394lj4.jpg

This is the EVGA 7900GTO from mwave. I think all 7900GTOs have 1.1ns!

Doh... so the rumours I've been hearing are true. Looks very much like these ARE the original revision "non Reloaded" cards that nVidia/Flextronics are now trying to get rid of at a substantially discounted rate. The Samsung memory modules are a dead giveaway.

Still a great deal but guys, be forewarned that these cards could very possibly suffer the 'creeping death' syndrome that plagued so many first revision 7900 series cards. The GTX didn't seem to suffer from this nearly as much as the GT did, but the problem was still rampant enough for nVidia to revision the cards with Infineon memory instead of the Samsung.

First thing I would do when I get the card is put it through some stress testing. Especially pay close attention to 3DMark 06's "Deep Freeze" test as that's where the problems seem to first start making themselves apparent.

nitzerebb6 said:
Weird, I got mine from ZZF yesterday and the box has 7900GTO on the front but the sides and top say 7900GTX. I wonder if this is intentional or marketing over at eVGA was just lazy/drunk/incompetent? :confused:

Got my 2nd from ZZF and this one says 7900GTO all over, just like the one I got from Mwave.

Blue Falcon said:
First thing I would do when I get the card is put it through some stress testing. Especially pay close attention to 3DMark 06's "Deep Freeze" test as that's where the problems seem to first start making themselves apparent.

Yup, if it wasn't for that I would have never noticed till later on probably

Blue Falcon said:

Exactly what am I to look for?

diablo111 said:
Exactly what am I to look for?

You won't be able to miss it... spikes shooting out of objects (geometry errors), and as it gets worse either a lockup or a crash to a corrupted flashing desktop.

I'm sure you're fine though. :) In fact these GTO threads are making me consider grabbing one for a second rig I'm building...

Back