• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

eVGA 680i voltage issue

bitset

n00b
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
18
I have a 680i with a e6600..which defaults to 1.2 volts for the cpu and 1.3 for the FSB. However, when I start OC'ing it changes the FSB to 1.4V and the CPU to 1.4V even though I am not using auto and have set 1.3/1.3. Is the board supposed to do this, or is this a defect? I am already planning on doing an RMA because one of the fan headers doesn't work, but I'd still like to know whats going on.

I am using the latest bios as of 2 days ago.

Thank you.
 
are you saying that you set 1.3v/1.3v in bios, save, go back into bios and it has changed to 1.4v? do any other of you bios settings change after you have saved them? if so, i would say thats a defect. i set mine in bios to 1.5v, and then in windows any monitoring prog shows it as 1.44v. this is normal on an intel board, every one of them (unmodded) do this, and is called vdroop.
 
No, I'm saying it will say 1.3 in the menu-selector thing, but on the right where it shows the actual current value it will be at 1.4v (after i have set it, and you would expect the new actual value to be 1.3) (this is after saving/rebooting, too)
 
its over volting a bit. just set your vcore to about .1 less than you actually want it to be. no biggy. then again, since you are going to get about .045v vdroop, set it to around .055 less than you want it to be.
 
Back
Top