EVGA 680i or Abit

Wow, alot of confusion here...

The T1 and TR do NOT carry lifetime warranties
The AR and A1 DO carry lifetime warranties

the NF-63 is in actuality the NF-68-AR that could not be overclocked in the quadcore

EVGA did exchange the AR and TR's for A1's and T1's but i am not sure of of now if this is still available.

Wow, alot of confusion here...

The T1 and TR do NOT carry lifetime warranties
The AR and A1 DO carry lifetime warranties

the NF-63 is in actuality the NF-68-AR that could not be overclocked in the quadcore

EVGA did exchange the AR and TR's for A1's and T1's but i am not sure of of now if this is still available.

It certainly is. They no longer offer cross shipping unless you have signed up for the EVGA EAR program. They now process the exchange as a standard RMA.

Then NCIX and all german retailers suck... because they never write which revision we will be getting, only if we are getting a NF63 or NF68 (although NF63 were never sold on the european continent according to EVGA GmbH)

a1 ftw. i have had 5 680i's, all perfect except 1 i blew up. no sound probs (either on-board or chaintech av710), no raid issues (running 2 raid0 arrays on both machines) no memory issues. i dont know if this has been cleared up, but

ar - original i680 board with lifetime warranty and full bundle
tr - original i680 board with 3 year warranty and small bundle
these boards are now labeled as the "se" (nf63) boards, to prevent guys from buying them as tr/ar and doing immediate rma for a1/t1, which probably costs evga a few bucks, and also to clear out inventory, because these boards do not oc quadcore.

a1 - revised (qc oc ok) lifetime warranty, full bundle
t1 - revised (qc oc ok) 3 year warranty, light bundle

there are a couple of cheaper alternatives sold by evga, which are great boards, i680 lt, and i am pretty sure they have a 650i ultra board also. (650i sli ?)

The 680i LT seems to be a 2nd revision of the 680i (fixing some of the early problems?). DFI made their Lanparty board around the LT chipset rather than the 680i even though Nvidia would say the 680i is the flagship and the LT the budget 680i...probably so the early adopters don't feel like their expensive motherboard is broken compared to a newer released chipset. A few less features and supposedly some lesser OCing ability (although from what I've seen, they OC quad cores very well).

Back