• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eVGA 680i Boot up problem

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
1,458
Hello,

Recently got this rig going, now the problem is at random times when I reboot or turn on the PC right before the "Verifying DMI... etc" it stays there, I have to power off manually.

E6600 @ 2.8
8800GTX
Gskill 2GB DDR2 800
WD Raptor 74GB
WD 250GB SATAII
Tt toughpower 750w


Is there a quick fix to this ?

Thanx for the help :p
 
Juic3 said:
Hello,

Recently got this rig going, now the problem is at random times when I reboot or turn on the PC right before the "Verifying DMI... etc" it stays there, I have to power off manually.

E6600 @ 2.8
8800GTX
Gskill 2GB DDR2 800
WD Raptor 74GB
WD 250GB SATAII
Tt toughpower 750w


Is there a quick fix to this ?

Thanx for the help :p

Did you check the LED code on the motherboard when it hangs like that? I had a somewhat similar problem when I first booted up my machine because I had the keyboard and mouse swapped. You'd think I'd know by now which goes where, but these things happen =)

My code was 25 IIRC. Find your code and check in the back of the manual to find out what it means.
 
LoL I forgot to check the code :D Was up all night setting that beast up, will check it out when I get home.

The weird thing is that its random.
 
I get the same thing, needs to be reset a couple of times before it boots and then it works seamlessly, wierd, it's not really a problem at the moment, so I probably won't look into it further, but if you find anything on it it'd be great to know what's causing it.

I'm running:
4x1GB Geil CL4 DDR 800
2xZotac 8800GT AMPedition
Q6600 at stock with a Ultima90 thermalright cooler
Creative X-fi Gamer thingy
TT Sword M case
2xAsus lightscribe sata drives
1x150GB Raptor X hdd
2x320GB Cavair SE hdds (havent set up raid yet, too lazy, both unused)

and obviously, an evga 680i A1 mobo
 
Back
Top