EVGA 680i board Owners! (HSF Question)

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
I am currently building my rig as of right now. I have already ordered the Mem, Board, CPU, HD, etc. The motherboard that I have purchased is the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813188013

I am going to be OC'ing my Core 2 Duo CPU as far as I can push it. I am aiming at getting the Zalmen 9700LED HSF. I am wondering what other HSF solutions are there that fits the board well. My Case is a Silverstone TJ09 Black. So I have plenty of room to work with :). Thx for all the replies.

On 680i boards, the CPU is closer to the edge of the board than on say the Asus P5Bs. As a result, in some cases where the MB is close to an internal divider (eg. Lian-Li PC-101), you can't fit a Tuniq Tower in a horizontal direction. It has to blow air vertically, rather than toward the back of the case. The Zalman 9700 fits, but only just.

Really depends on our case, if it has a top exhaust like the Antec 900. The orientation of the Tuniq becomes a non-issue.

I was juggling with the idea of getting the Tuniq. I know it's rather large & may interfere with something on the board. I've found some threads on it ,but been looking for SS's of it on an EVGA board. Still looking at my options :).

i have an ultra 120. i used to have an xp-90. the xp90 is much smaller, lighter and cheaper, and cools just about as good. get one of those. you will need the 775 adaptor, which is around 2 or 3 bucks.

Back