• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

evga 680i and e6700

AdidasNYR

n00b
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
3
Hi Guys,

Have been away from the scene for a while and I am amazed at how much has change din the last couple of years. Anyways I just ordered an Intel 6700 and the new EVGA 680i MB. My question is which ram? Do I really need to pay 300$ for ram or can I get away with something around 200? I am looking for 2gigs at 1gig per stick.

I have no intentions of overclocking this system. Maybe slightly but nothing stressful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
 
i presume you'll be gaming a bunch? you wouldn't get an SLI capable motherboard otherwise :D

for gaming, 2x1gb is probably the way to go. pick up any well known brand of value ram, ddr2-533 or ddr2-667 (preferably the latter for moderate overclocking) should suffice.. corsair, kingston, and crucial would be my top 3 picks. if you need help narrowing it down further, feel free to ask :D
 
yeah, when something says it supports ddr2-800, it almost always supports 667, 533 and 400 as well :D
 
Back
Top