evga 6800gt problems

Bodega

Gawd
i have a 6800gt that isnt exactly performing as i'd like it to. at stock speeds it locks up after about 30 seconds of any newer game (HL2, farcry, etc). the card idles at 53c so i'd think it wouldnt be an overheating problem... that is until i underclocked it to 310/900. at these speeds the card works fine, but performs alot worse. ive tried this card in a few different systems to narrow down the problem. there are no incompatabilities in terms of hardware.

is this thing fixable or should i just rma it? (egg)

thanks

call evga, even tho their support isnt the best, they will know if you should RMA it or not...

I happened to get a dud when it comes to overclocking, but my evga 6800gt is fine at stock speeds =P

now even while underclocked its messing stuff up...

6800gt HL2.jpg

wow, RMA that beeyatch...

that's more artifacting than I get running 1.5v 470/1250 on my 6800gt with the heatsink off... not that i've done that.

i think the cause of that could be your powersupply. i had artifacts like that and it just got worse to worst after awhile in 3d apps. it would also start doing reboots and freezes.

try seeing if the exhaust is hot or not from the psu and try another psu if you can.

TrueRush said:
i think the cause of that could be your powersupply. i had artifacts like that and it just got worse to worst after awhile in 3d apps. it would also start doing reboots and freezes.

try seeing if the exhaust is hot or not from the psu and try another psu if you can.

if you read the thread, he's tried it with 4 different powersupplies.

Make sure to reset the clocks to their defaults before RMAing the card..

Back