eVGA 6800GT problems

Valen

Weaksauce
Ok, so I've recently received my eVGA 6800GT, and am having some major problems. For some reason I keep getting artifacts (a lot) and vertical lines that go across my monitor. I've basically done everything that has been suggested in forums (i.e. update bios, different drivers, different monitors, reformat, etc). I don't think it is a heat related issue because my processor is running at ~41C and I have my side door open. Can't be the PSU because I recently got a Antec 550. I also notice the artifacts (somewhat when I boot into safe mode and sometimes when its loading bios)..

System Specs:
Pent 3.0C (stock)
Asus P4 E Deluxe
1 gig xms Corsair (3200)
1 120 gig SE WD drive
1 160 gig Seagate Barracuda
Antec True 550W (got this just for the 6800)

So, 2 questions -
1. Is there anything that I am missing that might help (I've done pretty much everything, don't remember the last time I spent 3 hours setting up a video card!)..

2. If I have to RMA it - am I suppose to return this to the place I purchased from (newegg) or am I suppose to ship it directly to eVGA (this would be my first RMA) ?

Sorry to hear about it. I received my eVGA 6800GT a couple of days ago, and I installed it in a brand new A3200+ system. Works like a charm. Only criticism is the fan is the loudest thing in my system, though it's still very quiet with the side on. I'm using the 62.11 beta driver - you might want to try this if you haven't already.

Back