eVGA 6600gt chrashing problems

Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
14
I inserted my new eVGA GeForce 6600gt plugged up the powwer and downloaded the latest driver from nVidia, Began to play cs: source and a minute in, my cumputer locked up <sound and everything> i rebooted my computer and had the same problem with doom 3.
i have p4 3.0 with 1mb of cache 800 fsb
1gig of kingston ram,

also previous graphics card geforce fx 5200 worked fine,

Any help would be deeply appriciated
 
Did you by chance erase/remove your previous drivers for your previous card?
 
i removed the "nvida drivers" in the add or remove programs, part of control pannel restarted my computer and it "found new hardware" then i installed the driver, im startin to think that the card is bad...?

ive tried forceware beta drivers
 
Again I would try and uninstall anything and everything Nvidia. Then install the card and then install NVIDIA drivers, wait to try the Beta shit.
 
do the uh..sorry if this is wrong but drivercleaner that cleans all the other drivers from old card, search fot that i think that should work, also try differnet psu ;o
 
I have the 6600gt not the 6800, and the link doesnt have the bios for the 6600 my bios doesn not let me change fastwrites, i used a program to completely remove nvidia drivers, thin installed the current 66.93 driver on my computer same problem.
....?
 
Don't know, I think your problem is from your psu.
But I have no problems with my Leadtek 6600GT on a 350W Ans, and I sure have tons of components ... from sat. cards to dvdrw ...
Also, may be from the drivers.
 
I reinstalled windows, flashed my bios and still didnt work.
i droped it in a computer that was currently using 6800 ultra and it locked up around the same place, so i sent it back.
I pray 2 jesus the new one works
 
Back
Top