eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLi mATX Mobo Thread

M4rk

Gawd
Here's a thread for the new mATX SLi mobo by eVGA. Let's start this off right...

Here's where you can buy it: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=110826

Use this coupon code to save $30: P5XP-BW4LL4

Images from Monarch

Specsheet from Monarch
Manufacturer Part Number: 131-K8-NF44

At A Glance

* Support Dual-Core, Athlon 64 FX, and Athlon 64 939-pin Processors
* nVidia nForce 4 Single Chipset which supports 1000MHz HyperTransport system bus
* Accepts four 184-pin DDR modules - expandable to 4.0GB
* Supports DDR266, DDR333, and DDR400 in Dual Channel mode
* Two PCI IDE controllers support PCI Bus Mastering, ATA PIO/DMA, ULTRA DMA 33/66/100/133
* Four Serial ports provide 300MB/sec data transfer rate for four Serial ATA devices and offer RAID 0, 1, 0+1
* SLI: Two PCI-Express x16 slots (x8 effective bandwidth in each slot)
* One PCI-Express x1 slot
* 32-bit PCI slot
* Inegrated nVidia Gigabit LAN
* Onboard 8-channel AC'97 Digital Audio controller
* Micro ATX form factor
* Firewire 1394
* SPDIF IN/OUT

Additional Features

* nVidia SLI Technology
* nVidia RAID
* nVidia StreamThru Data Transport System
* nVidia Firewall Technology
* 64-Bit Architecture
* nVidia nTune Performance Application
* USB 2.0 Support
* Hyptertransport Technology
* nVidia Native Gigabit Ethernet

Dimensions

* Length: 9.75in (240mm)
* Width: 9.75in (245mm)

OEM Product

theres a $30 off coupon in either the thread here or in motherboards forum. considering that it costs almost the price of 3 tforce boards, and considering the issues that the nf41/43 boards have (no 1t over 200mhz, for example), you should use it. you will need the $30 for rma shipping or replacing the things you smash in anger while trying to get the board to work.
i'm not just talking out of my ass. i have bought 3 7800gt/free motherboard combos (2xnf41, 1xnf43) and they ALL had these issues.
do yourself a favor, buy a 61xx, and put the $100 you save towards a better vid card.

btw afaik there has been no bios updates from evga or jetway for the nf41/43 since august. if any boards need a bios update its them.

Holy crap, who would have thought we'd EVER actually see this board?!?!

:eek:

Now....where is the Crossfire mATX board? ;)

Question...this DOES have 2x PCI-E 16x slots, 1x PCI-E 1x slot, and 1x PCI slot.

Presuming single-slot video cards, can you use all the slots? Nothing is obstructed?

So this could actually have 2x GeForce 7800 GTX in SLI and an X-Fi soundcard? Oh, and a PCI-E 1x TV Wonder 550 for good measure?

If so....*drools*

I would really like to hear from anyone that is using this motherboard. I am really tempted to get this and start building my next system.

I ordered one after finding the link prior to Monarch Deals posting the coupon code :mad:

Hopefully he can apply it to my existing order since it likley will not ship for a few days.

I will definitely post my results as I plan to test it out with with (2) 7800GTX 512's but will end up using my (2) 7800GTX's so that I can fit an X-fi in the outer slot.

Not sure what case to get as I have previously tried both the X-Qpack and SG01 and had some issues with both designs, too bad that new Qmicra case is not available.....I'm leaning towards the Fragbox2 case but I want to wait and see if they make any changes to it for better airflow to handle (2) 7800GTX 512's - since it is known they are planning to offer the EVGA mATX SLI board .

Dillusion said:
For those who havent gotten the board yet, heres a 30$ coupon which knocks it down to 139$:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029048346&postcount=2
Thank's for the link, I'll add the code to the top.

Question...this DOES have 2x PCI-E 16x slots, 1x PCI-E 1x slot, and 1x PCI slot.
It's got two 16x slots, but they become 8x in SLi (I belive this is correct, nothing leads me to believe this mobo has a 32x chipset). It has a 1x slot between the two 16x slots. As for the other slots, I have no idea. The picture is really small and hard to make out. I'm ordering one in a few days and I'll take many pictures of it when it arrives. Stupid Paypal takes forever to move cash around... :(

# SLI: Two PCI-Express x16 slots (x8 effective bandwidth in each slot
# One PCI-Express x1 slot
# 32-bit PCI slot

You are right about them being x8 when in SLI mode.

I was thinking of getting this, but I am going to wait until VISTA goes to SP1 and what ever is coming from AMD after M2

BigGuy said:
# SLI: Two PCI-Express x16 slots (x8 effective bandwidth in each slot
# One PCI-Express x1 slot
# 32-bit PCI slot

You are right about them being x8 when in SLI mode.

I was thinking of getting this, but I am going to wait until VISTA goes to SP1 and what ever is coming from AMD after M2
You crazy? When's the last time you upgraded? When Win98 SE came out and you upgraded to a P2? :eek:

Translation: You are going to be waiting a long time for Vista SP1. AMD hasn't even annouced anything after M2 either!

Oh yeah, thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

dworley said:
Not sure what case to get as I have previously tried both the X-Qpack and SG01 and had some issues with both designs, too bad that new Qmicra case is not available.....I'm leaning towards the Fragbox2 case but I want to wait and see if they make any changes to it for better airflow to handle (2) 7800GTX 512's - since it is known they are planning to offer the EVGA mATX SLI board .

The fragbox looks like a Sugo case

fb211.jpg

fb213.jpg

Bet you pay more for that one!

M4rk said:
You crazy? When's the last time you upgraded? When Win98 SE came out and you upgraded to a P2? :eek:

Translation: You are going to be waiting a long time for Vista SP1. AMD hasn't even annouced anything after M2 either!

Oh yeah, thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

I don't understand. Did I offend you some how? If I did, I didn't mean too.

I currently have a AMD64 X2 4400 and 2 gigs of memory with a 7800gt. So I just don't see a need to upgrade. That is all I was saying.

I really don't think it will be a long wait for SP1 for Vista. The M2 wait will be long, but that really doesn't matter to me, nor to you I would think.

I supplied the info because you expressed doubt in your post as to whether-or-not it did operate in x8 mode while in SLI. I supplied info to confirm that thought....that is all.
Sorry again if I offended you.

BigGuy said:
I don't understand. Did I offend you some how? If I did, I didn't mean too.

I currently have a AMD64 X2 4400 and 2 gigs of memory with a 7800gt. So I just don't see a need to upgrade. That is all I was saying.

I really don't think it will be a long wait for SP1 for Vista. The M2 wait will be long, but that really doesn't matter to me, nor to you I would think.

I supplied the info because you expressed doubt in your post as to whether-or-not it did operate in x8 mode while in SLI. I supplied info to confirm that thought....that is all.
Sorry again if I offended you.
Don't be sorry, I was being kinda harsh.

It's this line that scared me: "I was thinking of getting this, but I am going to wait until VISTA goes to SP1 and what ever is coming from AMD after M2"

Vista isn't even out yet, and it took MS a long time to get XP SP1 out, so you're going to be waiting a long time for Vista SP1. Also, M2 isn't even out yet. You're going to wait for the next socket? That could be another two years! But with yor current setup, I understand your reasoning.

No hard feelings?

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand, eVGA's glorious Sli mATX mobo! :D

i know its not a lot of cash, but doesnt anybody wait for a review or 2? just jump on any new crap that comes along, i guess. ever wonder why the evga nf4 sli thread in motherboards is so long and updated so often? i have owned these boards and dont have to wonder.

vanilla_guerilla said:
i know its not a lot of cash, but doesnt anybody wait for a review or 2? just jump on any new crap that comes along, i guess. ever wonder why the evga nf4 sli thread in motherboards is so long and updated so often? i have owned these boards and dont have to wonder.
Well, it's the only option many of us have right now. No other manufacturer has come forward with even plans to make an enthusiast mATX mobo. Sorry, I'll take what I can get and I promise I won't whine. ;)

vanilla_guerilla said:

I ordered one of these boards last night on impulse. I've been waiting for somthing like this for awhile and was so excited. Plus the $30 off coupon was icing for me. But now I kinda regret it cause I've been reading a lot of info, mostly bad, about evga sli mobos. I'm also wondering what kinda support and bios updates there will be. Looked all over evga's website and found nothing on this mobo. Also read somthing about Jetway making boards for evga. Oh well, i'll find out soon.

SEEKER said:
I ordered one of these boards last night on impulse. I've been waiting for somthing like this for awhile and was so excited. Plus the $30 off coupon was icing for me. But now I kinda regret it cause I've been reading a lot of info, mostly bad, about evga sli mobos. I'm also wondering what kinda support and bios updates there will be. Looked all over evga's website and found nothing on this mobo. Also read somthing about Jetway making boards for evga. Oh well, i'll find out soon.
Knowing Monarch, the drivers/bios should come on a CD with your board. Then again, I could be wrong. The Hornets that have this board do get a CD though. Too bad this thing's only OEM and not retail. I have to find all my own cords... :rolleyes:

I'm not too worried about the quality of the board, drivers or BIOS....I trust it will be top notch coming from EVGA. If any issues arrise they are pretty good at supporting the community which is why I bought two EVGA 7800GTX 512's recently.

All we need are some single slot 7900GTX's to come out. Then we can fill up the slots. I am ordering the board Monday and waiting til March 8th to order graphics cards. If nVidia has nothing good them I'll go for a x1900xtx. I think that will work well but I'd love to go SLI.

Can't wait to hear initial reviews/overclocking results! I'm sporting semi-wood as it is.
:eek:

I don't care about the overclocking or any of those features, the fact that it's a NF4 and has SLI is good enough for me, as long as its stable. Has anyone had issues with the Hornet boxes?

Shadowspawn said:
I don't care about the overclocking or any of those features, the fact that it's a NF4 and has SLI is good enough for me, as long as its stable. Has anyone had issues with the Hornet boxes?
No one can afford them. The ones that can aren't smart enough to post at [H], lol. :rolleyes:

Monarch sent me a FEDEX tracking # today (2/28) so I will have my EVGA mATX SLI motherboard on Thursday!

110826.jpg

dworley said:
Monarch sent me a FEDEX tracking # today (2/28) so I will have my EVGA mATX SLI motherboard on Thursday!
Take some good pictures and I'll add them to the first post, where they'll remain until I get mine and start taking pics. ;)

Stupid slow Paypal. That coupon better not expire before I can order! :mad:

my e-penis has grown 2 inches looking at that board. but I will have to pass. I cannot see managing the heat of two vid cards inside my qpack.

:p

PClark99 said:
my e-penis has grown 2 inches looking at that board. but I will have to pass. I cannot see managing the heat of two vid cards inside my qpack.

:p
Used cards that exhaust out the back, duh. :rolleyes: ;)

Dworley, that pic's kinda small. Got a bigger one anywhere? Thanks anyway though, very enlightening. No jumpers or little card to flip for SLi it looks like. Woot! I'm definitely buying an eVGA 7900GTX and putting it in this mobo. Modern artistic irony ftw!

M4rk said:

Dworley, that pic's kinda small. Got a bigger one anywhere? Thanks anyway though, very enlightening. No jumpers or little card to flip for SLi it looks like. Woot! I'm definitely buying an eVGA 7900GTX and putting it in this mobo. Modern artistic irony ftw!

That pic was from Monarch's website - I will definitely post some good pics and details once I receive the board.

I got some bigger pics from Monarch. One is the same, but larger. Check it out in the first post. They show what else you're supposed to get too! Cables, disk, backing plate, &c. There's one for the ports too! I love me. :cool:

M4rk said:

I would have to think the inboard card will still be a little starved for air.

PClark99 said:
I would have to think the inboard card will still be a little starved for air.

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

Not nearly as tight as the SLI Shuttle SN26P :eek: which I have been running fine with (2) 7800GTX's. The outer card does hit 86C while gaming, but it has not caused any issues.

I am hoping to utilize the outside PCI slot on the EVGA MB for an X-fi - that is my only gripe with the SN26P (no PCI slot). :cool:

My money just got into Paypal, so I'm ordering today. :)

EDIT: Ordered! :D

Ordered mine last night its going in a new black qpack with one of these that is on its way
1.jpg

and a nice opty 175 and two 7900 gt's or gtx's if I can find em in single card flavor. Also gonna have some laser cutting done to the case so i can show off various parts like a new raptor 150 with window and I may water cool the two vid cards using danger den maze 4 units and a 120 rad .
To finish things off Im taking the case to washington and have it painted at killer paint(mike lavelles shop) with some true fire and flames and flaming sculls, woot .

M4rk said:

They might exhaust air off the front of the card, but the cards still radiate heat off the other side. not :cool:

MsB, WTF is that?

MsB said:
Ordered mine last night its going in a new black qpack with one of these that is on its way
1.jpg

and a nice opty 175 and two 7900 gt's or gtx's if I can find em in single card flavor. Also gonna have some laser cutting done to the case so i can show off various parts like a new raptor 150 with window and I may water cool the two vid cards using danger den maze 4 units and a 120 rad .
To finish things off Im taking the case to washington and have it painted at killer paint(mike lavelles shop) with some true fire and flames and flaming sculls, woot .

what is that water cooling kit???

Back