Everything search app

Looks sketchy. Are you pushing the tool for a reason?

I'll stick with Agent Ransack for now.

It's was exactly what I was looking for a few months ago. Searching through 10+ drives over and over again was getting really tedious and time-consuming.

Another vote for Agent Ransack. Totally great for finding content *inside* files... Windows tells me it found 6 unrelated (its in the file name, not inside the file) files in a 8 minute search, when ransack finds 121 (ah! and the file i was looking for) in 2 minutes.

It's was exactly what I was looking for a few months ago. Searching through 10+ drives over and over again was getting really tedious and time-consuming.

It's actually called 'Search Everything' / Everything and recommended on Ninite

Looks sketchy. Are you pushing the tool for a reason?

I'll stick with Agent Ransack for now.

But yeah, I'm not sure what's with the random plug. Probably best to download it by finding it through your own means and not someone else's link. Always a good practice. Safety first kids!

Anything approved by Ninite is good in my book, I just have no use for it.

Everything is one of my two main search tools. The other is FileLocator Pro, which IIRC is the program formerly known as Agent Ransack. Everything builds an index on Windows startup, while FileLocator does a straight-up search, with a zillion options. I use Everything to index a few key content directories with tons of files (otherwise it would take forever to build the index on startup), and FileLocator for directed searches.

Really I wish I liked Windows indexing and search. A better front end for it would be nice.

Back