• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Everything going out, what can I do?

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,410
Help, it seems like my entire computer is falling apart at my fingertips.

Last week my video card fried so I borrowed my grandparent's 9250 as a temp card.

I installed it, booted it up, and the display drivers, half the Windows files, and all ATI files were horribly corrupted. I would get BSODs referring to "ati3duag.dll" and when I replaced that with a fresh working copy, the crashes continued. Also during this time, I recieved many RAM errors as well.

I tried to do a repair reinstall of Windows, it would always stop writing to the hard drive at 33 minutes left, installing devices. Everyone I talked to said this was a hard drive problem as the disc worked fine on my laptop when I tested it.

I got all the files off the hard drive with no problem, and ran CHKDSK; nothing came up, though it did take over 12 hours to run from within Windows. 11+ hours on phase 4 alone.

I decided to try a repair install one last time. I went to do a repair install, but I had the idea to try a different cd drive this time. I rebooted and switched the drives. When I went to do it this time, the repair installation option was nowhere to be found. I had no choice to try and install Windows over the old installation. It went fine, and cleared all of the old Windows files before it started. It booted up and seemed to be fine. There was only one Windows folder, so I'm confident both installations aren't on there. However, my LAN drivers refused to install. No error, just the installation wouldn't start up. All the other drivers on the cd were fine.

I went to reboot to try and solve the problem and ran into my most recent problem. When the motherboard name and logo screen comes up, it seems to hang for upwards of a minute and a half. It never used to do this. In fact it would flash by this screen in less than a second. Afterwards, it would again semi-hang when displaying the IDE devices. Finally, it would come up with a black screen with a little white blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. It would not respond. I managed to get into the BIOS and the boot order is fine. There was no floppy in the drive at this time either.

Western Digital has not answered my email which I sent last week. Also the people that built my computer have refused to answer my emails for over a month, and my warrenty is up on Friday.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top