Every game runs slower on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

addomino

n00b
Every game that use directx9 will run slower than on windows xp, that's a fact and and that will never change.

Hardforum is not your personal blog. If you want to start a thread discussing gaming on XP vs Win7 that would be fine; but starting a thread with some blanket "I'm right, you're wrong no matter what you say" statement isn't going to fly here. If you want a discussion, you need to post WHY you feel you're correct. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
211tke9.jpg

win7 beta with 181.71 nVidia driver

24g7kli.jpg

Win7 beta with nVidia ForceWare 181.20

Every game that use directx9 will run slower than on windows xp, that's a fact and and that will never change.
No one is denying that is a fact, they're just calling you a troll for some reason. Windows 7 has more overhead and the gaming performance of 7 is equal to that of Vista. Fortunately, the upside of both of these OSes far outweigh the few and far between negatives.
But XP still sucks, point being?
+1

I would take the Farcry 2 benchmarks with a grain of salt. FC2 is heavily optimized for DX10 having improved performance than DX9 mode. It's one of the few games that do this and does not represent the majority of games, which are slower in 7 than XP. XP is ancient though, it's time to move on. It's been 8 f-ing years. Do you think it's going to be the same? You could benchmark Windows 98 or 2000 and say "it's faster than XP!".

Last edited:
I'm denying it's a fact... as benchmarks now popping up - including those already linked - show that Windows 7 in it's RTM form and even with beta drivers at this point hold its own and actually best XP.

We really need to stop having these threads crop up, and anybody that just starts one with the wording that the OP chose or anything like it is basically trolling in my opinion. It's not helping anything, it's not going to start any "honest" discussion because this bullshit has been beaten to death.

It's simply not relevant anymore, in the big picture. The perceived difference in speed between XP and Windows 7 basically doesn't exist anymore unless you're using a 6+ year old piece of hardware with a DX9 video card in a system strapped for RAM with a processor that has a single core and a 5400 rpm ATA hard drive.

If you're not using a machine that old, nobody gives a crap much anymore as the OSes all work about the same on more current hardware.

"Can't we all just... get along?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back