Every Android Device Now Infringes Apple Patent

This!

This is where the USPO has utterly failed the American people. They keep granting absolute crap, obvious, broad patents. And to big companies. If it was little Timmy applying for that same patent I'm sure his application would hit the wastebasket.

This is the real problem.
They are granting patents are way to generic/vague, and then leaving it to the companies to fight it out in court.

Patents are supose to be a tool to protect the development of products, so that the developer can make a profit. Instead we now have companies gaming the system to shut down honest competition. Only big companies that can afford large legal staffs can afford to play this game.

i patented the way humans take a crap on a toilet.. So i am going to sue you all if you sit on a toilet facing forward legs facing 12 oclock.. It was started in my family since mankind evolved

You can't patent naturally occurring functions. ;)

The president revealed some new patent reform, and its supposed to make it better for Americans to file patents and such in a timely manner. He talked about it less than 3 months ago, I'm sure its on google or the "change" site somewhere

Hey Apple, I have a finger gesture I bet you don't own a patent to

180px-The_gesture02.jpg

This +1000000!

Apple can go fuck itself.
They are the most liquid company in the industry, and yet it's not enough so they have to do this... fail.

There is no truth in that. I'm actually kind of tired of the straw man arguments. No one is truly against capitalism in this country. People are against getting f%$#ed without lube or compensation. There's a big f--k difference.

The irony is that when Adam Smith wrote The Wealth of Nations, he envisioned capitalism as the solution that would allow the working man prosperity, and bring equity to a world where the aristocracy controlled all the wealth. Now, the wet dream of the Chicago and Austrian economic school fanboys would be the exact same situation Smith opposed...except we no longer call the wealthy the "nobles." It's sad, really...

Apple vs Google = Godzilla vs King Kong... only not as cool. :D

If you had built some innovative algorithm for say video compression that was 50 times better than the next best thing you'd be singing a different song.

No, I definitely wouldn't. Algorithms shouldn't be patentable period. At the basic level, it's only math. Being able to patent any kind of math is pure insanity.

If I were the people that patented the power button, volume rocker, using a battery. I'd be rich.

The irony is that when Adam Smith wrote The Wealth of Nations, he envisioned capitalism as the solution that would allow the working man prosperity, and bring equity to a world where the aristocracy controlled all the wealth. Now, the wet dream of the Chicago and Austrian economic school fanboys would be the exact same situation Smith opposed...except we no longer call the wealthy the "nobles." It's sad, really...

This is a highly irrational post. The stated beliefs of the Chicago and Austrian schools are exactly that of which you mentioned by Smith. Whether or not their policies have had that effect or not is debatable, but irrelevant to what the wet dreams are.

It goes without saying, however, that there is plenty of evidence contrary to what you say. Whether or not you believe it is another story all together, and that is fine. Everyone has different believes and that was not the focus of your post. The bottom line is most free market economists actually think that government intervention in our country is more often the vehicle than the solution. I'm sure there some exceptions to that, but most think free markets would actually be more beneficial.

I see Herr Jobs is alive and well...

A patent like this is bullshit. This is why I don't buy Apple. Yes I know other companies patent and sue just as easily but Apple patents ubiquitous crap like this and claims everyone's tromping on their heavy IP.

Here we go, this new bill for patents

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2011/09/19/216310.htm

"New Patent Reform Law Aims to Reduce Backlog, Curb Lawsuits"

This new bill doesnt change much, though.

As I understand it, the only thing that the new bill does is prevent person1, from suing person2, for a patent infringment, BEFORE the patent was granted.

In otherwords, currently, if if person1 invents and uses a technology for 5 years, then person2 patents that same technology, person2 can then go and sue person1 for using the technology for the last 5 years.

The new bill proposes that person2 will no longer be able to sue person1, for using the patent for 5 years. Instead, person2 will only be able to sue person1 from the date that the patent was granted.

In otherwords, the only thing that the new bill prevents is the suing for IP infringements, retrospectively.

Correct me if I am wrong.

A company/person can still (try to) patent anything they want, whenever they want. If they wish to, they can patent everything under the Sun and never actually use the technology for which the patent was granted. Then, when someone infringes upon the patent, they can sue the hell out of them, even though they had no intention of ever implementing the technology.

This is why, many people are saying that patents should not be granted until the company/person actually implements the technology.

In otherwords, the only thing that the new bill prevents is the suing for IP infringements, retrospectively.

A company/person can still (try to) patent anything they want, whenever they want. If they wish to, they can patent everything under the Sun and never actually use the technology for which the patent was granted. Then, when someone infringes upon the patent, they can sue the hell out of them, even though they had no intention of ever implementing the technology.

This is why, many people are saying that patents should not be granted until the company/person actually implements the technology.
The bill does quite a bit more than what you have listed, and I'm not sure about that part either. Just started reading the act.

HOWEVER, that last part is untenable in many areas. Think about pharmaceuticals. They patent the drug VERY early on in testing, and it's not until YEARS later (after FDA certification) that the drug can be put to market.

I hope I'm still alive to see Capitalism die

Funniest thing I've read all day!!!

Also, Apple isn't the only one doing this. However, their lawsuits are the only ones reported here for the most part because of all the Android lovers.

The big thing about Apple is when the patent ANYTHING they will not allow other companies to use it. It's not about money... it's about control and jobs was a control freak to begin with so no surprise there.

This is a highly irrational post. The stated beliefs of the Chicago and Austrian schools are exactly that of which you mentioned by Smith. Whether or not their policies have had that effect or not is debatable, but irrelevant to what the wet dreams are.

It goes without saying, however, that there is plenty of evidence contrary to what you say. Whether or not you believe it is another story all together, and that is fine. Everyone has different believes and that was not the focus of your post. The bottom line is most free market economists actually think that government intervention in our country is more often the vehicle than the solution. I'm sure there some exceptions to that, but most think free markets would actually be more beneficial.

Bullshit. "Fair" is a dirty word to the modern free-market cultist. The only people stupid enough to claim that free market capitalism will make for a more fair society are people completely deluded and out of touch with human nature and modern society.

It doesn't sound like user-defined pattern unlock would infringe to me, and there are quite a few devices that use that method, as well as the previously mentioned fingerprint devices. So not all android devices infringe.

I recall hearing about how steve vowed to destroy android, Maybe these lawsuits are part of how he planned to do it. If you take a look at all of the android handsets over the past few years they are starting to look more and more like iPhones.
Why all the planes look almost the same either, and why are all cars, phones and so on just similar to each other? It's seriously bad when someone has to make something different although it's still something already invented.

Back