Every 5800 series out of stock!

If I were you I'd get a replacement and sell it on ebay. You'd probably get more than what you paid originally since prices have only been rising.

Not considering how long it would likely take for them to send him a replacement. Not sure how priority on that goes, but I bet they would ship out a batch of new cards instead of pulling one off and shipping it as an RMA replacement.

Not considering how long it would likely take for them to send him a replacement. Not sure how priority on that goes, but I bet they would ship out a batch of new cards instead of pulling one off and shipping it as an RMA replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if companies would do something like this, but its unacceptable to not keep a small number around to fulfill a warranty that they had already promised. How many do they really expect to fail? Then again, this is the same company that offered cards up on these forums directly well above retail rather than fulfilling existing orders at a lower price. Obviously they can do whatever they want with their own products, but it clearly shows no regard for the customer.

Lol Mr Reporter did you miss post #50 from the thread linked? I know you might get annoyed by this, Iam simply a messenger here.

Nothing about Kyle's article shows me anything that I already haven't been saying. It is a soft launch where quantities were low at launch and are steadily increasing. Demand has perhaps a tad to do with it but overall the quantities were and still ARE very low. I am simply a reporter so don't shoot the messenger. I am on no quest. I simply deliver facts based on information that is easily available.

You're saying you really just don't need it right now, and not that they don't have cards to send out for replacements, correct? Because the latter would be completely ridiculous.

If I were you I'd get a replacement and sell it on ebay. You'd probably get more than what you paid originally since prices have only been rising.
Okay, I really didn't think my post was all that difficult to follow, but I'll try again using words of one syllable:

"My 5870 died. XFX has no more 5870s to send and can not tell me when they will have more in stock. So, I will wait to see what new cards come out in the next few months."

Any better?

Okay, I really didn't think my post was all that difficult to follow, but I'll try again using words of one syllable:

"My 5870 died. XFX has no more 5870s to send and can not tell me when they will have more in stock. So, I will wait to see what new cards come out in the next few months."

Any better?

No need to be a smartass, you just don't exactly seem too upset that the company more or less screwed you over. They basically told you "Hey sorry, we're producing new cards but we can't give you one right now because we can sell them at well above retail at the moment. We'll fulfill our end of the agreement when we can't gouge new customers instead."

Ordered a XFX 5850 from buy.com on the 25th when it showed in stock, I just emailed them for the status and they said it's on backorder and my card got charged! :(

I've had this same problem happen to me at three different e-tailers over the past week (Mwave, NCIXUS, and Newegg).

3 charges to my card for 3 out of stock 5850s.

Really starting to get frustrated here.

I've had this same problem happen to me at three different e-tailers over the past week (Mwave, NCIXUS, and Newegg).

3 charges to my card for 3 out of stock 5850s.

Really starting to get frustrated here.

Baller.

Nothing about Kyle's article shows me anything that I already haven't been saying. It is a soft launch where quantities were low at launch and are steadily increasing. Demand has perhaps a tad to do with it but overall the quantities were and still ARE very low. I am simply a reporter so don't shoot the messenger. I am on no quest. I simply deliver facts based on information that is easily available.

I love talking to walls.

Calling the 58xx launch a "paper launch" means you looked at the facts, chucked them out a fucking window, and made shit up.

I (as did many others here) bought a 5870 a couple of days after launch - a paper launch it was *NOT*. Calling it a "soft launch" sounds like a weaksauce backpedal to mask your ludicrous claims of it being a paper launch. Cards were available on day 1 in large enough quantity's that normal people like me could easily get their hands on them. Don't be upset if you wanted until supplies ran out to try and get one, and are now fighting with people's pre-orders.

Yep, basically if you wanted a card bad enough you could have found one. I got a 5870 on ebay, yea I over paid for it, but it saved me frustration, then I got the chance to buy a 5970 and I did. I have had about five other opportunities to buy a 5870 or a 5970 but I didnt cause I already got a 5870 & 5970 now. Your just lazy.

I jumped on a card a week and a half after launch and landed one easily. Hell it took me longer to find a full coverage water block for it than it did to get a card.
If I'd have known what was going to happen I would have picked up more than one and waited. Buying at $380 and selling at $600 on ebay would have been the shit.

next availability 12 of january lol ati isn't selling anything damn tmsc screwed ati big time so sad

Yeah but TSMC is still ramping up, working out bugs, etc... Still lots of time before nvidia can really compete, I mean besides renaming all their old shit and calling it new again...

Yeah but TSMC is still ramping up, working out bugs, etc... Still lots of time before nvidia can really compete, I mean besides renaming all their old shit and calling it new again...

last I heard TSMC is still at 50%.

Microcenter and Fry's have the HD5870's in stock at $399 if you have one in your area. MC also has the HD5850 at $299. I checked both stores in the Plano/Dallas area yesterday and today.

Microcenter has really limited supplies of them.
I checked stock in the Michigan store and they had 1 5850 on hand. I quickly snapped that up.

Now I just have to trudge through the remainder of the day so I can pick it up after work.
I am quite excited to fire it up later this evening!

Back