Everspace out on Steam Early Access

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Any Kickstarters play it yet? Anyone bought it? I almost pulled the trigger before finding out what you can actually do as of right now in the Early Access game. Anyone have some hands-on impressions? I don't care for multiplayer.

$30

EVERSPACE™ on Steam

I just picked this up today due to the latest hype surrounding this game. I haven't put much time into it yet but what I have played so far is good.

Going in I knew that this game would be hard and I didn't have to wait long before being killed by space pirates. And a few moments later I smashed into an asteroid. Good times.

The KB/M controls are like a FPS. Similar to how Star Citizen handles flying and combat. I like this style but I find that I need a higher mouse DPI setting to make it work, especially with all the space debris on the map.

Anyone else pick this up?

I put in about 90 mins, on this, last night. I ended up using my 360 controller and it works well.

You will die ... A lot. You have to learn a lot of lessons the hard way in this game. After each death you spend your credits on perks, that carry over, upgrades do not. Furthest I got was sector 3. After feeling like I accomplished a great deal that run, I spent my credits, launched again and was immediately destroyed by about 4-5 hostiles. RNG can be a bitch.

/Random I feel like your character in Everspace is voiced by the same person who did your characters voice in Galaxy on Fire

got it... I burned way to much time on sunday playing this. Fun game. funnier when you are able to get to your dead clones ships when you unlock that upgrade.

curse the enemy AI with the Shock Rifles, damn those guys just don't miss!

This game is pretty fun. Controls take a bit getting used to.

I bought it last weekend and played. I am still on the fence if I like the game or not.

I'm gonna bump this cuz it's the most fun I've had since Strike Suit Zero/Infinity!

The game has now cleared past Early Access phase. $30. I'm eyeballing it.

Last edited:
Looks kinda cool, not sure why it's considered a Roguelike though.........looks nothing like a roguelike to me.

I put in about 90 mins, on this, last night. I ended up using my 360 controller and it works well.

You will die ... A lot. You have to learn a lot of lessons the hard way in this game. After each death you spend your credits on perks, that carry over, upgrades do not. Furthest I got was sector 3. After feeling like I accomplished a great deal that run, I spent my credits, launched again and was immediately destroyed by about 4-5 hostiles. RNG can be a bitch.

/Random I feel like your character in Everspace is voiced by the same person who did your characters voice in Galaxy on Fire
What are the upgrades that do not carry over? I want to try this, but I don't like the idea of losing things on death.

What are the upgrades that do not carry over? I want to try this, but I don't like the idea of losing things on death.

All my perks carried over from one death to another.

Does anybody know what happens after you fix your DNA? I completed the initial play through, but I'm not certain I want to invest the time to grab the 8 DNA fragments just to see if there is any additional story. The premise was okay, but while there was a lot of potential with the story, I felt it was quite lacking.

Back