Everquest 3 2028

Eh I think the MMO genre is dying. All they do is copy WoW basically and don't do anything innovating. I rather go back playing FFXI then any of the new crap.

Eh I think the MMO genre is dying. All they do is copy WoW basically and don't do anything innovating. I rather go back playing FFXI then any of the new crap.
purdy much. about once a year I fire up the Warcraft account to heal a few dungeons. Never lasts more than a month.

I don't think it is dying, there seem to be a number of MMOs, including WoW, with very healthy subscriber counts that just keep going. I think it is just an industry that is very hard for new players, and that includes things like a new version of an existing MMO, to break in to. People usually play only one MMO, there just isn't time to play more than one. Also, people often are pretty stuck on the game they play because of the time spent, and community aspects of it. So they aren't inclined to move to a new game, even if it is the "version 2" or "version 3" of the same game.

It's just not something that we are likely to see many new players in. Occasionally I'm sure something will come along and be a success, but I doubt this will be.

I wonder if any ideas from EQ Next will make it over. TBH I've long been a fan of Everquest and wouldn't mind if it reclaimed the MMO throne. I just think they would need to take some risks, and I don't think EQ Next was the kind of risk I had in mind. They should probably nix the building aspects and focus on making an awesome fantasy world.

I wonder if any ideas from EQ Next will make it over. TBH I've long been a fan of Everquest and wouldn't mind if it reclaimed the MMO throne. I just think they would need to take some risks, and I don't think EQ Next was the kind of risk I had in mind. They should probably nix the building aspects and focus on making an awesome fantasy world.
You know they will just copy FFXIV.

Im not gonna trust anything that comes out of daybreak studios.

Old studio is gone as well as most of the creative minds behind original EQ. While I miss EQ, I cannot play games like I did back then.

Enjoyed my EQ/EQ2 time back in the day, and in theory love the idea behind them.. but like Pantheon coming out, while I'm interested, I can't get too excited. I just don't have the time or energy to play for 3+ hours, most likely requiring a group just to get a level or two. Played on a fresh EQ time progression server a couple years back and it was fun, but once you hit ~40+ you're looking at multiple hours with mandatory groups just to get some leveling in.. and 30+ minutes of that is just shouting to the wind hoping others have room in a group, or are also looking at the exact same time as you are.

I miss the simple days of having unlimited free time, not needing to sleep and no real responsibilities ;p

Enjoyed my EQ/EQ2 time back in the day, and in theory love the idea behind them.. but like Pantheon coming out, while I'm interested, I can't get too excited. I just don't have the time or energy to play for 3+ hours, most likely requiring a group just to get a level or two. Played on a fresh EQ time progression server a couple years back and it was fun, but once you hit ~40+ you're looking at multiple hours with mandatory groups just to get some leveling in.. and 30+ minutes of that is just shouting to the wind hoping others have room in a group, or are also looking at the exact same time as you are.

I miss the simple days of having unlimited free time, not needing to sleep and no real responsibilities ;p
Right. Those magical times of dungeon diving with a group as a kid in EQ won't be recreated.

Back