Evercrack Titanium

a36steel

Limp Gawd
Saw that the EQ Titanium pack was going for $19.99 now at Best Buy. Looks like a pretty good deal including 10 expansions and 30 days play time. Any recommendations on whether its still worth playing or I am wasting my time?

It’d be fun to reminisce. $20 for a month and 10 expansions sounds pretty good to me.

The years worth of patches might be an annoyance, a friend of mine that's on dial up, recently installed this and took him 88 hours to patch it, so it's apparent that they threw everything together without any patches so you start from scratch

figures SOE wouldn't include the patches. How gay, at least I have DSL, but I still imagine it will take a long ass time to DL 7 years of patches :p

The years worth of patches might be an annoyance, a friend of mine that's on dial up, recently installed this and took him 88 hours to patch it, so it's apparent that they threw everything together without any patches so you start from scratch

you sure he had all the expantions he had selected installed? i just reinstalled it last month, all the way up to the current expantion, and patching took less then 2 hours

I'm not sure I understand why you'd put yourself through that, there can't be very many people on that game, it's like single-player MMO, not to mention it's extreamly outdated...

Save yourself the $ and either don't play everquest, or go use that $ on something else... like WoW ;)

There are still quite a bit of people playing it. Not everyone jumped on the WoW bandwagon actually when it came out. May not be as glitzy and easy like WoW is, but it's still fun to play every now and then. Plus it does have the most content of most all other online games or close to it..

Hmm I've had the itch to play another MMO. In fact I was going to reinstall EQ 2 but i seem to have misplaced the discs... I never played EQ the first time round. WoW seems a bit too dumbed down and simplistic for my liking. Is it worth it for someone who's never played? How many people are still playing on the large servers? One of the issues I had with EQ2 is that the server I was on pretty much went dead after 6 months so the game got extremely boring. It gets kind of lonely sitting at a previous hotspot 3+ hours trying to find a group. Especially when you're just at the level where you're limited to only one or two locations to fight.

peacetilence said:
Hmm I've had the itch to play another MMO. In fact I was going to reinstall EQ 2 but i seem to have misplaced the discs... I never played EQ the first time round. WoW seems a bit too dumbed down and simplistic for my liking. Is it worth it for someone who's never played? How many people are still playing on the large servers? One of the issues I had with EQ2 is that the server I was on pretty much went dead after 6 months so the game got extremely boring. It gets kind of lonely sitting at a previous hotspot 3+ hours trying to find a group. Especially when you're just at the level where you're limited to only one or two locations to fight.

As long as you have the account I think you can download all of SOE games from SOE themselves.. It has been a while, but I know I've done it for EQ..

EQ Has been the most satisfying gaming experiences that i have ever had. I played for 5 years, and reciently ive been testing the water again.

I see that there is also a free trial Return to Norrath available on the EQ website. I think im going download that first to get a quick feel for the game.

The trial and the new tutorial is absolute crap, I wouldn't depend on that to base the game. I haven't played the game in over 2 years, but I do plan on buying EQ Titanium at some point to start playing again. And yeah, even after all this time, EQ is still light years above 'next generation' dumbed down games like WoW and EQ2 despite it's age. The graphics have also got a big revamp, so you aren't playing 1999 graphics anymore (Freeport is getting a full revamp next expansion that you can see here ).

Back