• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

EverCool WC202-Ultra need some help...

dVeLoPe

Bad Trader
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
209
I just recently purchased this kit to rid my 80c temps in my Antec SuperLANBOY case...
Now I have been reading around and people say to let it run for about 12-24 hours outside of the case to make sure it doesn't leak and whatnot.. I am going to do that but while I wait I am going to try and figure out if I want to swap cases with my mom *(Antec PLUS660B)* since her exhaust is 80m and I won't have to purchase an adapter for my case which uses 120m exhaust... Case wise I don't care but the older antec is a bit bigger and looks like it will cool better.. but my LanBOY is blue and has a window... lol which would you pick!?!?
I also need to know if the GPU block will work with my Asus EN7950GT...
 
just dump that whatEVERCOOL toy, and got the normal Water Cooler instead. :)
 
What are you saying A_L speak properly.. Evercool 100$ water cooling setup ran for about 15 hours no leaks I am in the process of installing it into my older Antec 660B case since it's bigger than my LANBOY. I chose this kit because im new in the water cooling game and this is just to 'get my knowledge' up some more till I feal I can get a custom one setup. I need to rid my stock C2D E6600 of it's 80c LOAD temps... AND THIS WILL BE SUFFICE!
 
The lanboy and 660 have similar airflow designs although I figure the lanboy benefits from the 120mm fans. Generally you can get more cfm and static pressure in comparison to an 80mm. Although you would be using an adapter on the exhaust the intake fan should still push more air than the antec 660.

If I remember correctly that w/c kit uses a small drive bay rad along with an 80mm rad. In addition to the rather weak pump it would seem a gpu block would be saturating the loop. I know evercool makes a gpu block so I guess they planned for expansion but I wouldnt expect stellar performance. I usually recommend the maze4 or mcw60 but you would end up needing an adapter since those blocks using the larger id tubing and that kit doesnt.
 
Well... I am installing it into my 660B case and plan to cutout a 120mm size hole in the top of the case (maybe) if I feal it needs more AIR flow.. The LanBOY in reality uses 1 intake and 1 exhaust but I tie wrapped a 2nd 120mm fan to the HDD rack. While the 660B uses 2x80mm front fans 1x80 side panel fan and 1x80mm exhaust which has the radiator on it... Anyone know where I can get a window setup for the side panel of this case?!
 
dVeLoPe said:
What are you saying A_L speak properly.. Evercool 100$ water cooling setup ran for about 15 hours no leaks I am in the process of installing it into my older Antec 660B case since it's bigger than my LANBOY. I chose this kit because im new in the water cooling game and this is just to 'get my knowledge' up some more till I feal I can get a custom one setup. I need to rid my stock C2D E6600 of it's 80c LOAD temps... AND THIS WILL BE SUFFICE!


Sorry if you felt offended.
If you intend to use that Evercool WC202 for a short time, won't hurt.

But suggest you to be very cautious to use it for long.
Friend of mine experienced that Water Block clog after 3 months.

DSC02399.jpg


DSC02400-1.jpg


DSC02409.jpg


DSC02407.jpg
 
Wow that sucks.. I don't know how long I will use it for but I will definantly check on it any be aware that it COULD get clogged.. A question about filling the unit. I used the 50cc of Anti-Freeze that came with the kit and filled the rest up with WaterPik filtered water should I have just filled it up with the car radiator Anti-Freeze?
 
Back
Top