Evercool water cooler pump failed!

DukenukemX

Supreme [H]ardness
This pump was acting up on me from day one. Now I turn on my PC and there's a high pitch noise coming from it. The alarm is going off to let me know the pump isn't working. I guess it's the pump because the temp went up to 50C just before Windows even began to load. Being as frustrated as I was I took out the pump and tried to see if there was air. Nothing that I did made it pump and the alarm was always going off. Eventually I opened up the device to see if there were any anomalies. Voiding my warranty.

So now I wanna replace this pump/reservoir/radiator with something else. Though radiator may not be important since this water kit came with a seperate extra one. I'm looking for something that will take it's place and be compatible with the tubing but yet not break my bank. Basically I'm having a hard time finding a water pump that's cheap. Everything seems to be for $70+. Does anyone have any recommendations?

To be honest, you would probably be best served by rebuilding an entire new loop. Is that what you're trying to say in your post? I'm not completely sure I understand, but you would like to save the tubing and radiator?

Which evercool system u have?

I had a WC 202 which developed a crack where the fill port was.I tried to fix it with silicone but that didn't work. I then tried to salvage the pump from the resovoir effectively tearing the res to pieces. Eventually I bought a new pump and redid my loop with the blocks and the rads.

Later on, I went to a Danger Den setup so i was stuck with a bunch of Evercool blocks so I thought why not contact them for a replacement?

2 weeks later, I got a package with the resovoir/pump combination in the mail. Free of charge and all.

I'd say shoot them an email. They may just send you a replacement part.

Is that after you took apart the pump? Cause I know my pump warranty is gone.

DukenukemX said:
Is that after you took apart the pump? Cause I know my pump warranty is gone.

O yeah, they didn't ask me for anything. In fact, when I emailed them my resovoir was in the garbage and my pump was in pieces (it was broken, thought what the hell take it apart).

Can't hurt trying :)

Back