• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Evercool Water Cooler noise

DukenukemX

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
11,621
I bought the Evercool Water Cooler kit and I've been hearing a crackle noise coming from the pump.

I treid squeezing the tubes to see if there's air trapped. Still keeps on going.

If I tip the water pump to it's side the noise would stop but it would only last for 5 minutes.

Sometimes the noise will stop on it's own but it always comes back.

Can anyone help me?
 
Double check the barbs on the pump to verify they are tightened all the way.

How long was your system running before this started?
 
Anime_Fan said:
Double check the barbs on the pump to verify they are tightened all the way.

How long was your system running before this started?
The barbs are on tight. Well hand tight. I could always wrench it on.

This started when I decided to drain the system and connect the water flow indicator the right way. It wasn't spinning.

When I connected it the right way and filled the tank it wasn't pumping. Took me a while to get it started by squeezing the tubes. It eventually started to pump and that's when I noticed this noise. This was only the first week of using this.

The noise will go away if I turn the pump on it's side but it'll come right back in 5 minutes.
 
Well I had a similar problem with my old hydor L30 pump a while back making some odd noise. If I recall I took the pump apart and found that one of the drive shafts was off track I think or maybe it was cracked. If I remember right i had to RMA the pump because I had only had it for a few days.
 
Back
Top