the@ntipop
Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 27, 2002
- Messages
- 609
I just installed my Evercool VGA cooler on the 9800 Pro AIW on my old machine. The install was easy and the heatsink seemed top notch (mirror finish on the bottom) I was a bit disappointed that the fan seems to buzz a bit in the vertical position that my video card sits in, being inside a Shuttle XPC. But after looking closer at both the R350 chipset and the old stock HS, it seem there was a small shim for the GPU and the stock heatsink is raised about 1/32 or 1/64 of an inch to compensate. My question is does the increased tension of the Evercool compensate or is the new heatsink not making full contact with the GPU? For those who ask, Evercool lists all Radeons as being compatible. I wouldn't worry as much if I were able to monitor the temps of my GPU...
BTW, it is nice to set the fan to 1% in Speedfan and have a noticeable amount of silence coming from my video fan.
BTW, it is nice to set the fan to 1% in Speedfan and have a noticeable amount of silence coming from my video fan.