• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Evercool Silver Knight- Anyone own one?

laxmiddi44

Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
863
I decided not to buy a Tuniq T-120, because this is almost the same price, and performs better.

Does anyone here own one of have any experience with it?
More Info Here
 
I don't trust it. Why use water to conduct heat 2" into a puny ass fan, when a heatpipe-based cooler works better?

I recommend the scythe ninja and a nice 120mm fan to go with it.
 
It may be slightly better than the stock hsf but doubtful. There is a review on the net but it is not favorable...
 
plywood99 said:
It may be slightly better than the stock hsf but doubtful. There is a review on the net but it is not favorable...

the review says its a lot beter than that, i highly doubt it will be that bad

anyway, your just guessing....
 
Educated guess mind you. One must "read between the lines" of these so called reviews. And I'm taking more than just temps into consideration, such as noise, ease of use, prior experience with Evercool products. Evercool are renowned for rehashing old products, putting new paint on the same old trailer, so to speak.

Trust me, you'll end up regretting buying this product. Not trying to be mean or anything like that, just going from experience...
 
What... the hell?

Is there a tank of "Antifreeze" included on the side? are those even heatpipes? The look like them, but that "tank" sure as hell makes me think they're not... Even if it doesn't perform as well as others on the market, it sure as hell LOOKS unique. I, also, hazard a guess that this won't perform nearly as well as other more accepted methods... simply because very few (if any) users here have them. We'll see shortly. Please post before/after temperatures.

Another thing, most reviews note the not-so-flat base of the thing. You might wanna lap the bottom.

Reviews I've seen put the thing at 46'c Load temperatuers, which are alright. Under a modest overclock too (35extra FSB).
 
Arcygenical said:
What... the hell?

Is there a tank of "Antifreeze" included on the side? are those even heatpipes? The look like them, but that "tank" sure as hell makes me think they're not... Even if it doesn't perform as well as others on the market, it sure as hell LOOKS unique. I, also, hazard a guess that this won't perform nearly as well as other more accepted methods... simply because very few (if any) users here have them. We'll see shortly. Please post before/after temperatures.

Another thing, most reviews note the not-so-flat base of the thing. You might wanna lap the bottom.

Reviews I've seen put the thing at 46'c Load temperatuers, which are alright. Under a modest overclock too (35extra FSB).

ya i will but i can't test it until i get my conroe. I will also being lapping the heatsink.
 
plywood99 said:
Educated guess mind you. One must "read between the lines" of these so called reviews. And I'm taking more than just temps into consideration, such as noise, ease of use, prior experience with Evercool products. Evercool are renowned for rehashing old products, putting new paint on the same old trailer, so to speak.

Trust me, you'll end up regretting buying this product. Not trying to be mean or anything like that, just going from experience...

o no i appreciate your comment, and i understand. i hope its good, if not thats too bad.

you have to admit it looks pretty unique, so i felt like giving it a try.

if it doesn't perform as i wanted it to, maybe the Tuniq T-120's will be in stock by then :)
 
i just got it today, but can' t test it until i get my conroe

its pretty huge, and has a blue light on the fan
 
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/index.!!!!!!!!reviews&id=343&page=5

Nice review over @ thinkcomputer...
It basically says that at idle, it rivals the Bigwater SE (22-25C), but at load temps, it falls behind by about 10c, which makes sense because it has a fairly small radiator.
 
I dont trust the results that site has for this product...

Idle:
Water/Antifreeze: 28c-30c
PC Ice: 29c-31c
Big Water: 21c-23c
Silver Knight: 22c-25c

Load:
Water/Antifreeze: 38c-40c
PC Ice: 42c-43c
Big Water: 34c-36c
Silver Knight: 44c-45c

I dont know of ANY processor that idles at 22'c. By my logic, his room temperature would have to be about... Like... 14 degrees to get that. Hell I dont think my Wireless ROUTER idles that low.
 
Back
Top