Ever done this chop?

AR

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a tutorial or even basic instructions to do the following:

http://www.stublag.com/ul/argument.jpg
(I am not the artist).

Basically, you set a camera on a tripod to ensure the same environment over and over, and take 2+ pictures that overlap, each time with you in a different position. That part I've got.

Now, when I get the pictures into Photoshop, no idea other than cutting and pasting, which sucks. Worst part is, I don't really know what you'd call this, so googling has been somewhat uneventful.

Any tips?

Might this have been done with the filter->extract tool and overlapping layers, and not a simple cut/paste into a single frame (I can imagine placement in this scenario would be much harder.

looks simple enough, but time consuming none-the-less

that's a pretty cool picture, never thought of doing something like this.

anyways, it seems you can just get in one position, take the picture, then get in another position, take the picture, ect....

once all pictures are gathered, you open up photoshop, open up one image, make a new layer on it, and select the area around where you possed in this one, and then select selection invert, then hit delete... that should simply do it. You should then have one picture, with two of "you". :) then just keep doing that... That's it.. lets see if I can do this.. I'm going to try right now. :D

heh, here is a quicky:

me_x2.jpg

Good example, but it gets a little more complicated when you're overlapping subjects (to make it look more natural, instead of 4 "people" side by side).

I think it does work well with Filter -> Extract, but of course, I haven't found any free time after work to work on it.

It's not that big a deal really. Take your multiple pose shots, and then take one without you in there. You can then "Difference" each pose with the blank one through layers. The result you can then use with Select -> Color Range, selecting only on black areas. After selecting, change the pose layer back to normal, and cut out your pose. Rinse and repeat till done.

Fast and slightly dirty, but it works. I prefer painstaking selection meself :) .

Back